The Value of Active MindsAbout Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.Background
The role is within the Finance Business Partnering Team, supporting the Distribution, Corporate and Support functions as well as recurring and adhoc analysis that provides commercial insight and drives performance.
As a Finance Business Partner your role entails working directly with a range of stakeholders including ExCo members and the Head of Finance, managing forecasts, producing ad hoc analysis, preparing business cases and post-implementation reviews and developing budgets.
This role will suit a motivated individual who is flexible and enjoys working with a range of stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
The aim of the role is to become a trusted advisor to the areas being partnered with.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Managing forecasts and budgets with your stakeholders
- Review and management of month end results
- Supporting key stakeholders in making revenue and cost decisions
- Producing ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Driving process improvement projects
- Embedding financial rigour into the departments
- Producing all required supporting material for the above conversations
The role varies day to day. The key skills required to succeed in the role are:
- A motivated individual, who can work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the business at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a team approach and to work collaboratively across functions
- Experience and aptitude in managing varied stakeholder requirements and priorities
- Problem solving skills, capable of handling pressure and meeting strict deadlines
- Business partnering and managing forecasts experience preferred
- High attention to detail
Additional Role Details
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA) essential
- Commercial Finance experience (preferred not essential)
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.