Group Strategic Marketing & Communications is responsible for building, protecting, and enhancing the DBS brand in an increasingly commoditised banking industry. Working closely with all units within the DBS Group, we create and execute integrated strategies that focus on communications especially digital communications, marketing, and research to differentiate - and elevate - our brand from the rest of the competition. Job Purpose:
- Lead a team to enhance DBS' corporate reputation and profile its initiatives in corporate banking/ capital markets/Treasury & Markets across media/ PR, content marketing and paid media, with a focus on earned media.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that DBS maintains its share of voice in key business dailies, broadcast, trade publications and media that matter. The role will entail proactively campaigning strategic corporate themes that are important in driving the strategic agenda of the institutional and wholesale banking business.
- This individual will also be involved in sustainability financing communications.
- Lead a team of communications experts to proactively profile our Institutional Banking (including sustainability financing), Capital Markets and Treasury & Markets business
- Providing strategic communications counsel to senior management
- In partnership with relevant business leaders and marketing teams, proactively identify, strategise and execute leadership campaigns to reach out to identified stakeholders
- Identify different and new ways of profiling the business and its related world-class innovation projects. This can be done via engagement with industry experts, editors of business journals and authors.
- Work with relevant teams within the bank to engage with digital communities such as through social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn) or KOLs
- Issues management
- Mitigate and manage potential media and social media issues
- Support communications efforts for corporate projects as and when required
- Preferably at least 10-15 years of experience in a corporate communications / media relations role. CVs with experience from the financial and tech industry will be prioritised
- Strong communication skills including storytelling and writing skills
- Keen understanding of media and social media workings and landscape
- Ability to identify and cultivate media and KOL relationships
- Ability to keep up with the news and relevant industry developments