Description About this role Business Overview
The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group, comprised of about 300 individuals who speak over 20 different languages and work in 16 countries, provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks by crafting and delivering risk management, tailored advice, and analytics. We promote BlackRock as a leader in risk management by advancing the firm's risk management practices and delivering top-down and bottom-up oversight and independent risk expertise to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA's risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock's investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skills to solve real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
Behavioural Finance is a pioneering team within RQA that monitors and handles behavioural risks. The team produces analytics to measure bias in investment decisions and provides recommendations to evolve investment processes. The team works with portfolio managers and hedge fund managers across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our innovative analytics are based on portfolio data as well as trade rationales and physiological data, i.e., stress and sleep.
The RQA Behavioural Finance team is looking to hire an Associate to build out the technology, quantitative and data science skills of the team. Knowledge of behavioural science is a plus but not a requirement. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions if you're unsure about whether to apply.
- Manage and maintain the big data infrastructure underlying our ground breaking behavioural analytics
- Transform the research prototypes into robust software and processes
- Adapt to the fast pace of changes in underlying firm-wide technology.
- Work with our behavioural scientists and risk managers to develop and extend our existing suite of analytics.
- Shape the strategic technology and data science developments of the team, such as industrializing analytics to make available to clients, accessing new data sources, incorporating ML into trade diary analytics, etc.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) with R and/or Python
- Experience with Linux
- Experience as a full tech stack developer with knowledge in software development and management systems (such as GitHub) and database management systems and infrastructure (such as Spark and Hadoop) is highly desirable
- Experience with statistical and data science techniques, such as NLP and ML
- Knowledge in finance, financial instruments or risk management is a plus
- Experience with APIs is a plus
- Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI is a plus
- Familiarity with BlackRock Aladdin is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.