Who we are looking for
An experienced, senior level professional with a strong technical and quantitative aptitude to act as Managing Director and Head of Legal Entity Analytics
based in London. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President responsible for the Centralized Modeling and Analytics team within Enterprise Risk Management's Financial Risk Organization.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Legal Entity Analytics
What we value
- Lead a team to provide legal entity quantitative support globally with primary responsibility for model regulatory management and analytical support for SSBI, an international bank based in Germany.
- Provide analytical support for ICAAP and regulatory stress testing to legal entities with primary responsibility for SSBI
- Coordinate all regulatory application for model and model change approvals
- Manage related regulatory examinations for legal entity model usage and analytics
- Build and maintain effective relationship with executive management and senior regulators and agencies
- Ensure collaboration and coordination between Corporate and legal entity risk leadership, model risk management, internal audit and other support functions to achieve strategic goals
- Be responsible for establishing and setting the tone of proactive risk management and compliance with company guidelines and regulatory expectations
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical and quantitative mindset; ability to take ownership and improve on existing risk models and methodologies
- Energetic/motivator: an enthusiastic individual with proven leadership skills and an ability to motivate a diverse, multi-level workforce and instill a sense of urgency on a range of evolving goals and objectives
- Organizational strengths: an ability to organize resources, processes and priorities to ensure business needs are met in a coordinated, responsive and timely manner, with minimal direction
- Confidence: a self-assured, experienced and knowledgeable individual able to quickly garner support for his/her views based on informed, well-presented direction or analysis, with a willingness to negotiate, and concede, when needed
- Communicator: clear, confident, self-assured communication style, coupled with an ability to react and adapt to various audiences and environments without diluting effectiveness
- Talent manager: an ability to quickly assess strengths and weaknesses of team members at all levels, and ability to identify developing talent and nurture accordingly, and an ability to deliver clear, honest
- Master or PhD in a quantitative field. Such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience working in and leading a analytics organization in a regulatory financial institution
- Demonstrated experience working with Global Regulators in the banking or financial services sectors; proficient understanding of various regulations such as BASEL III, stress testing and ICAAP
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at both the executive and regulator level
Travel up to 25% may be required. What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers