The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the implementation of Dimensional's investment philosophy which is influenced by the top minds in academic finance. They ensure client portfolios continually pursue the targeted premiums, provide traders with buy and sell candidate lists, outline trading parameters, and assist clients to understand Dimensional's investment practices.The Role
As an Investment Associate, Fixed Income you will cover all aspects of managing portfolios starting as support for Portfolio Managers and working towards independently managing portfolios. Investment Associates monitor portfolio characteristics and maintain portfolio structure following the process-driven approach of the firm. This includes identifying buys and sells in a systematic manner and partnering with trading teams globally to implement those decisions. The role also involves project work focused on making the investment process as efficient as possible and improving where and how we can invest.
On a daily basis, Investment Associates are responsible for portfolio maintenance involving tasks such as monitoring portfolio cash levels, evaluating securities' risk profiles as well as issuing buy and sell orders. They are responsible for the effective execution and continuous refinement of the process of implementing Dimensional's investment strategy. Investment Associates also provide cover and assist Analysts with daily reconciliations and corporate actions. Finally, Investment Associates will develop the skills to structure and deliver presentations and other communication pieces which identify and quantify the value add of the Dimensional investment strategy to clients.Skills & Qualifications
- Degree within a quantitative field (eg, science, engineering, statistics, finance, economics) or equivalent.
- Completed CFA qualification preferred.
- Strong philosophical alignment with Dimensional's investment strategy.
- Previous exposure to other areas of capital markets through work in trading, investment banking, consulting, asset management, hedge funds, or in another investing or finance capacity.
- A keen interest in working with the fixed income asset class. Whilst prior experience of fixed income is not essential, a clear desire to work with fixed income is a must.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Background in finance and financial theory.
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort with large data sets and aptitude for learning basic computer programming languages
- High attention to detail.