Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Business (ICB) develops and manages relationships with institutional investors including public and private pension plans, insurances and official institutions. ICB's product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled/segregated investments (traditional and alternative investment products).
The Swiss ICB team is responsible for growing the business in Switzerland. It works in close partnership with the Portfolio Management as well as other partners like Legal and Compliance teams, Reporting and Operational teams in order to adapt processes to meet customer-specific and legal requirements. Job Purpose/Background:
The candidate is responsible for supporting the relationship managers in their proactive sales coverage for institutional clients in Switzerland. Specifically, take responsibility for the preparation of client presentations, Requests for Proposals and ad-hoc client queries by closely coordinating with internal and external counterparties. In close cooperation with the relationship managers, the candidate is also responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality and seamless service, connecting clients to the full range of solutions BlackRock offers. The candidate covers a multi-faceted role which requires flexibility, problem-solving and planning skills. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the client acquisition process for institutional clients, i.e. public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies, foundations and corporates based in Switzerland
- Key sales support activities include preparing and coordinating sales material, marketing presentations, portfolio review meetings, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), ad-hoc requests, meeting notes and senior management briefing material
- Maintenance of client information in BlackRock's database (e.g. pipeline management) and support in client account planning and business strategy papers
- Ensure familiarity with BlackRock's existing products and operational capabilities as well as industry and market developments
- Responsible for queries from existing clients, i.e. coordinate with internal teams, monitor progress to resolution and ensure that responses are timely and of a high quality
- Develop a deep understanding of clients' investment and servicing needs
- Focus on sustaining the highest level of client service and ensure high client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- First experience in an established financial firm, ideally asset management, specifically in the institutional channel is a plus
- German (mother tongue), proficient English and French. Fluent in French is a key advantage
- Demonstrate teamwork and initiative
- Ability to interact expertly with all levels of management, employees, clients, and high-profile external parties
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced international environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical, interpersonal skills, confirmed ability to prioritize optimally
- Sophisticated skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to seek additional responsibility
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.