The Macquarie Asset Management Private Credit portfolio of debt investments spans a number of industry sectors, with a particular focus on the key principles of environmental, social, and governance considerations, such as renewable energy (solar and wind), social housing, and private finance initiatives, as well as traditional infrastructure assets (roads, rail, and airports).
As the Macquarie Asset Management Private Credit business continues to expand, we are seeking an infrastructure finance professional to join the Portfolio Management Team. In this role you will take ownership of managing a defined pool of assets within the portfolio, as well as lead and train junior analysts to adhere to best-in-class asset management practices. The analytical side of the role will include rigorous review of financial models and assumptions, review, and analysis of covenanted deliverables within the debt structure (e.g. financial statements and ratios, operating reports and ESG reporting), rating assessments. In addition, you would be required to navigate waiver and consent processes, including due diligence requirements and communicate directly with borrowers to negotiate risk balanced solutions. Key stakeholder management will also be critical to success in this role and an ability to be agile across multiple workstreams such as key portfolio reporting, ad hoc projects and investor communications (written and verbal).
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated finance professional to have an immediate impact on a growing business.
To be successful you will have at least 8 years' experience with the below competencies:
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Experience in structuring and / or analysing the risk fundamentals of infrastructure and/or corporate debt.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to decipher and articulate key issues in a clear and concise manner (written and verbal)
- At ease in analytical discussions, with a rounded, commercial approach to risk decisions
- Experience reviewing and working with financial models.
- Understanding due diligence requirements for varying proposals (legal, technical, financial, and other relevant due diligence reports)
- Background and knowledge of debt documentation
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Experience managing junior analysts would be beneficial, but not a strict requirement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a natural curiosity to implement positive change and develop new initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive. Our commitment to Sustainability
Sustainability is embedded across Macquarie Asset Management Private Credit's investment lifecycle, with ESG reviews, due diligence and transition planning occurring prior to every Macquarie Asset Management acquisition.
In July 2021 Macquarie Asset Management signed up to The Climate Pledge, joining a global coalition of more than 100 climate leaders who share the ambition of achieving net zero emissions by 2040.