A Wealth Management business based in the City are looking for an Operational Risk Manager to join the business on a 12 month fixed term contract. Main Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the delivery annual risk and control self-assessment process and providing challenge to submissions from the first line-of-defence;
- Setting priorities for, and leading thematic reviews;
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of, and contributing to the resolution of risk events;
- Oversight and challenge of the outsourcing register and associated risk assessments and due diligence of third-party arrangements;
- Overseeing and providing challenge to the annual General IT Controls, and Entity-Level Controls questionnaires;
- Providing insight and analysis on the Firm's risk registers;
- Making, and following-up on recommendations for enhancements to the Firm's control framework;
- Continuous assessment of both internal and external factors in order to identify and report on emerging risks;
- Drafting of periodic reports for the Compliance and Risk Committee, and other committees as required;
- Designing, maintaining and communicating policies and frameworks;
- Developing, capturing, monitoring and reporting on Key Risk Indicators and Key Control Indicators;
- Enhancing and promoting risk culture and awareness;
- Designing and delivering structured training of all staff in operational risk matters, and ad-hoc/informal training, as required;
- Primary contact for all staff for queries relating to operational risk;
The CLARC Guarantee
- Minimum of 5 years Operational Risk experience, ideally from within a similar Wealth or Asset Management business.
- Strong FCA regulatory knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- we 100% guarantee that your CV will never be sent to a client without your prior expressed permission so all of your details are totally secure with us. Please note due to the volume of applications we sadly cannot reply to every application we receive and only successful applications will be contacted, however your details will be registered for consideration for more suitable opportunities as we get them.