Description of the Business Line or Department
The purpose of the Fiduciary department is to deliver a high-quality trust and company administration service to the underlying client base in the most cost effective and commercial manner for the ultimate shareholder.
The business line has SG Trust Asia, SGKH Trust CI Limited and SGKH Trust London within its scope. Summary of the key purposes of the role
To support the team and complete the day-to-day activities involved in the administration of a portfolio of Trust and Companies.
Maintain Client Relationships.
Provide an overarching quality of service to internal and external stakeholders
To develop understanding of the JFSC/ GFSC regulations and AML/ KYC legislation (Plus any others that are relevant) and how they impact the day-to-day activities Summary of responsibilities
- To act as an effective member of the fiduciary team, and assisting other members of the team to ensure that all business objectives are met in a timely manner, and all operational standards and controls are complied with, to maintain a sustainable fiduciary business.
- To help maintain the highest level of trust and company administration to minimise business risk, and to adhere to a culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management, and use the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) where appropriate i.e., when dealing with complaints/queries.
- To assist in the development of working relationships with clients, intermediaries and internal contacts to maximise client retention. Having confidence to communicate and build rapport with colleagues, line managers, other departments and intermediaries.
- Listens and demonstrates understanding of instructions given.
- To demonstrate an understanding of fiduciary responsibility in order to protect the client, yourself, the team and the business.
- Ensure that workload is prioritised efficiently and completed in accordance with established deadlines. Follow up on tasks that have been passed to other team members/ intermediaries or on queries raised for allocated work.
- To support the client facing team, whether that be in your direct line reporting or across departments.
- Work well with or without direct supervision.
- Demonstrate a positive, supportive and enthusiastic attitude, taking an interest in different roles, departments to deepen knowledge and understanding of the Trust Company.
- Prepare minutes and resolutions as required;
- Contribute and achieve personal and team targets and deadlines reviewing at monthly intervals throughout the year with Team Leader Line Manager and/ or Private Client Director
- Assist with the training of new members of staff on KH systems
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported;
- Have a solid understanding of risk-based approach and the impact that has on day to day administration of structures.
- Understanding of business processes and procedures.
- Ask questions when unsure or to gain greater understanding and know when to escalate matters to line manager or superior.
- Analyse and summarise data, present findings in a logical format.
- Completion of mandatory training within timeframe specified.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication and relationship building skills, in order to seek information, understand others, facilitate teamwork and build confidence.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Relevant experience within a trust company
- Ability to understand trust and company legal documents and accounts.
- An understanding of the relevant laws relating to 'Trust Company Business' in the role location.
- An understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a Fiduciary
- Willingness to undertake professional studies relevant to role