Up to £60,000 + up to 17.5% annual bonus + great benefits
Stratford upon Avon (CV37)
About the role
- Hybrid working - up to 80% homeworking options available
- Career development + financial support to achieve professional qualifications
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Actuary or part-qualified Actuarial Consultant to join our Risk Actuarial Function at NFU Mutual. You'll be part of a team of Actuarial experts who carry out risk-focused second line assurance across our Life and General Insurance business.
At NFU Mutual, we're committed to adding value for our customers and staff. You'll help deliver this by supplying analysis and insight on risk topics to our senior stakeholders; helping them apply sound judgement and understand complex problems. As you build relationships with stakeholders across the business, you'll gain experience of validating actuarial models and will apply your technical knowledge to make recommendations that inform business decision making.
With the support of your team, we'll help you develop your technical skills and ability to adapt to any regulatory changes. Whether you're a qualified Actuary or part-qualified Actuarial Consultant, we're committed to your continued professional development. If you're part qualified, we'll provide financial support on your route to qualified status.
This role is based in our Lakehouse office, just outside Stratford-Upon-Avon. However, we understand how important a positive work-life balance is to you, so we offer great facilities when you want to be in an office environment, and support to work up to 80% of your hours from home.About you
You use your knowledge as an Insurance Actuary to supply insight and recommendations to senior stakeholders. A qualified Actuary or part-qualified Actuarial Consultant, you bring a collaborative approach and an eye for detail to your work. Aware of current industry developments and regulatory change, you leverage your in-depth knowledge of actuarial techniques to add value to an organisation. You proactively build strong working relationships and have a flair for communicating complex information to a non-technical audience.To join our team, you'll also have:
Benefits and Rewards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience as an Actuary or Actuary Consultant in the Life Insurance sector
- FIA qualification if you're an Actuary and an FFA qualification and a willingness to achieve fully qualified status if you're an Actuarial Consultant.
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
Working at NFU Mutual
- Salary of up to £60k
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership - subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
We're one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we've put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being "a great place to work" and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 and the Glassdoor Best 50 Workplaces List 2023.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.Closing Date: 29th March 2023.