About this role:
Allspring Engineering & Technology are driving the evolution of the technology platform powering Allspring Global Investments™. Allspring is a leading independent asset management firm that offers a broad range of investment products and solutions designed to help meet clients' goals. Allspring is a global company committed to thoughtful investing, purposeful planning, and the desire to deliver outcomes that expand above and beyond financial gains.
Achieving our investment outcomes requires sophisticated strategies powered by rich and varied datasets, cutting edge analytical modeling, seamless investment workflows and a highly scalable technology platform to operate upon.
As a software engineer, you will thrive through owning projects from ideation to delivery, working alongside other experienced engineers using agile project management methodologies. Quality is integral to everything we do, and you'll be expected to drive a culture that lives it.
In this role, you will be hands on engineering using a modern stack based on Angular, DotNet Core and MS SQL, with hosting migrating to AWS. After migration you will have the AWS ecosystem's cutting-edge tools available to deliver ever greater business value.
Our API first evolution requires a deep understanding of modern ReSTFul API design and the associated technologies e.g. gRPC, protocol buffers and Kafka messaging. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to team processes and practices, demonstrate passion for accuracy and timeliness
- Have full project ownership, with autonomy to drive progress and quality in tandem
- Work with and learn from investment and technical experts to resolve complex challenges
- Enjoy the camaraderie of this dynamic team with plenty of social and team events
- API design and development experience using C# DotNet and MS SQL Server
- Angular skill to be the team's technical expert
- Demonstrable experience autonomously owning full system lifecycle
- Experience with AWS or other Platform As A Service such as GCP, Azure
- React development experience
- Breadth and depth of skill across agile toolset e.g. DevOps, git, JIRA, Confluence
- Understanding of design patterns and a passion for sharing knowledge within the team
- Proven ability to use automated testing techniques
- Experience working in an agile environment and improving its velocity
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with senior investment professionals
- Buy side front office experience in a hedge fund, asset manager or similar
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continuous learning of tools and techniques
About Allspring Global Investments
Allspring Global Investments™ is a leading independent asset management firm that offers a broad range of investment products and solutions designed to help meet clients' goals. At Allspring, our vision is to inspire a new era of investing that pursues both financial returns and positive outcomes. With decades of trusted experience propelling us forward, we strive to build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes for our clients. We do this through the independence of thought that powers our investment strategies and by bringing a renewed approach to look around the corner to unlock what's possible. Allspring is a global company committed to thoughtful investing, purposeful planning, and the desire to deliver outcomes that expand above and beyond financial gains.
At Allspring, we leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals. Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business is vital to our success. We drive creativity and innovation by bringing together multiple perspectives - diversity and inclusion are key to understanding our clients more fully and seeing business opportunities in new ways. Making differences, our difference. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.