Description About this role Derivative Operations Associate-EDI What Is Derivative Operations?
The team is responsible for handling, processing, and running BlackRock's Derivative activity, which includes Trade Confirmation, Clearing and Collateral Management of ETD and OTC products. The Derivative Operations philosophy is anchored on BlackRock's cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through this lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create optimized solutions. What Will You Do?
A BlackRock Derivative Operations Associate will play a meaningful part in an exciting new phase of our functional evolution! Guided by your manager, you will learn how to set the benchmark in Operational excellence. This will include building important relationships across the organisation, proactively handling risk, improving processes, crafting new data capabilities and working with ground-breaking new technology fit for the future! Above all, you will be part of a collaborative global network of outstanding talent that promotes openness, transparency, inclusion and equal opportunity. Key Responsibilities
The passion, energy, drive and dedication you bring to learning all aspects of the job will be vital to the success of the wider business. Daily tasks are varied, and could range from confirming trades, moving collateral, ensuring the firm gets paid in a timely manner to helping Portfolio Managers and Trading teams work towards their goals. We also encourage staff to get involved in the many professional networks on offer at BlackRock, which foster regional connectivity and give back to local communities.
- Managing post trade workflow for derivative contracts which includes confirming trades, managing collateral (initial and variation margin) ensuring that disputes are investigated and resolved in a timely manner, and completing settlement of agreed cash flows (cash & securities) with our counterparties
- Implementing thorough Operational risk management standards (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators) and identifying, communicating, and resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
- Developing technical expertise through on the job training and self-learning, with active participation in Technology and Operations meetings encouraged. This may involve presenting ideas, contributing ideas, problem solving, or helping ensure strategic projects remain on track.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external partners, ensuring BlackRock's value proposition, technology roadmap and industry position is communicated and supported. Participate in regular reviews to ensure BlackRock receives outstanding levels of service from all third-party providers.
- Self-starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who is capable of working as part of a global team.
- Will be a creative individual, who possess a passion for problem solving, is numerically fluent, has superior analytical skills and can think outside the box
- Will have a deep interest in data, metrics, analysis and trends but also an ability to think strategically and keep sight of the bigger picture.
- Will possess an entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive process improvement initiatives.
- Will be an excellent verbal and oral communicator, capable of articulating complex problems in a simplistic manner.
- Will have knowledge of Derivative products and experience in one or more areas of post-trade lifecycle (confirmation, collateral management, margin reconciliation, settlement)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.