Who we are looking for
The role will be responsible for supporting the Global AML Center (GAC) and its projects, predominantly working with the GAC Program Management Team on all aspects of change management. Why this role is important to us
This will include PMO activities at a macro GAC level, working closely with the Global Head of AML Program Management; and project management support across the GAC portfolio of strategic, operational and regulatory initiatives.
There will be opportunities to take end to end ownership of activities and processes and to proactively find ways to continuously improve them. What you will be responsible for
As Global AML Centre Project Manager, Assistant Vice President, you will
What we value
- Independently manage program workstream(s) and deliverables
- Interact with GAC Leadership & Program Management team
- Create & execute project plans, revise as appropriate to meet changing needs & requirements
- Manage project financials, risks and issues
- Create and manage project documentation and checklists
- Resolve and escalate project and operational issues in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations
- Interpret project needs and work to meet those needs, offer assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Identify, develop and deploy process improvements leading to service level improvements and/or unit cost & operational risk reduction.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as provide input to further development of best practices.
- Conduct Post Implementation Review as needed
- Ad-hoc problem resolving
- Other priorities per management requirement, e.g. team development and governance
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Project management experience in large complex programs or projects
- Excellent project management skills • Ability to engage with senior staff across multiple locations
- Evidence of strong communication & influencing skills • Strong presentation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management
- Proven ability to work towards tight deadlines • Creative problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical skills • Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Very good language skills in English • Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
About State Street What we do.
- Degree in Business or Finance major preferred • Relevant industry experience in the Financial Services/Asset Management sector (5+ years)
- Competent Skills in - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Project, Flowcharting, Visio • Knowledge of Project Management Institute Standards or certification (e.g. CAPM/PMP) will be a considerable advantage
- Presentation Development • Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Client and Financial Crime regulations beneficial
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers