S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Sustainability BI Specialist The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific products and services. Within our product suite which includes ESG/Sustainability, Portfolio Analytics, Risk Services, Industry and Datafeed Solutions, Product Specialists are domain and knowledge experts. This will be a new role within Market Intelligence, founded to build and grow market share through the adoption of S&P Global's Sustainability / ESG products. Our ESG offerings provide financial institutions, corporations, and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the Sustainability Specialist Team, we focus on providing clients with an in- depth and consultative approach to drive ESG workflows adoption primarily on Data Management Solutions (DMS) datafeed and workflow tools (e.g. Databrick's Workbench). The Impact:
These roles drive revenue growth through client adoption, retention and growth working with Commercial Teams, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's Sustainability / ESG adoption across all client segments. Your role will help identify client needs and construct interactive ESG workflow solutions, via Data Management Solutions (DMS) data feed (e.g. SQL / Snowflake DB) and related BI tools (e.g. Databricks Workbench, Power BI, Tableau). Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- This role will cover the following geographic territories and segments: APAC Region
- Support existing MI ESG platform clients with a strong focus on ESG workflows on the MI ESG Data feed and relevant cloud workflow tools
- Train clients in the use of our content and platform, ensuring that their specific data and application needs are addressed and that they receive maximum value from their use of these products, increasing retention
- Take ownership of obtaining and organizing information about clients' applications and content needs, technical environments, developing relationships, assessing the potential for additional sales in the various accounts, and keeping records of POC data visuals designs and brief wider team about specific clients use case on regular basis.
- Respond attentively to client questions, help clients get the most out of our ESG solutions, and work with Sales and Relationship Managers Teams to reach exceed revenue and usage targets
- Drive significant increases in the total users of MI ESG Datafeed.
- Preferably strong understanding of ESG and financial modeling
- Conduct advanced product demos that are specific to client workflows and help to design the best POC (Proof-of-Concept) visualizable solution to fit a prospect or client's needs.
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Consolidate regional market feedback for data/product development/enhancement.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders such as Product Management, Commercial and the Sustainable1 teams and collaborate across borders with other Product Specialists, serving in similar capacities.
- Collaborate with above teams on thought leadership, discovering new workflows and market entry strategies.
- Mastery of solutions related to ESG Portfolio Analysis, such as financial portfolio analysis, carbon footprinting, TCFD reporting, exposure to fossil fuels, and physical risk from climate change under varying future scenarios
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and be able to articulate S&P Global ESG competitive differentiation and value
- Contribute to Go-To-Market efforts and marketing campaigns.
- 2-5 years of experience in data analytics/data science industry
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems
- Strong level of data query skills including MS Office proficiency
- Strong understanding of SQL Databases, Data Management workflow and analytics tools
- Highly passionate about data driven analytic solutions
- Firm understanding of workflow solutions for industry data feed and BI/visualization solutions
- Prior experience with SQL or a major programming language (e.g. R, Python). Familiarity with RDBMS configuration and/or administration (SQL Server, Oracle) is preferable
- Familiarity with industry-leading data and delivery platforms and how clients use them. Experience working with financial data feeds is a plus
- Languages: a combination of English, Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese is highly sought after
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
- Additional Degree in finance, business administration or a degree in a sustainability-related science field, including environmental economics, climate science and Earth Science
- Sound understanding of the competitive ESG data landscape and upcoming regulations
- CFA Charter holder
- CFA ESG Certification
- Good understanding of investment processes and how ESG data can be applied in various investment applications
- demonstrated experience in climate science, energy system modeling, or alternatively, carbon markets.
- Understanding of financial and risk application of ESG in Banking and Insurance industry
- Understanding of the ESG application for Corporate Clients, for example supply chain assessment, peer analysis, Corporate ESG assessment and Investor Relations
- Desire to work at the nexus between climate risks and financial markets.
- Understanding of public policy evolution toward Paris Alignment.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Some experience and ability to apply the core concepts of our diagnostic sales methodology
- A high level of client service and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process. Prior experience in selling to or interacting with Investment Management and Investment Banking clients, Private Equity, Banking and Insurance
- Understanding on how ESG impacts and is utilized by Corporates outside of Finance
- Firm understanding of TCFD and Paris Alignment
- A mixture of Finance, business, commercial and technical skills are necessary.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
Hong Kong (preferred), Sydney (preferred), Melbourne or Singapore About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
284097 Posted On:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong