PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO's growing People Analytics team is responsible for applying a data-driven approach to deliver meaningful, digestible, and useful workforce insights with the dual goal of enabling the success of PIMCO's business and employees. This People Analytics Associate/Senior Associate will be responsible for contributing to and implementing the team's HR reporting and analytics strategy, leveraging core systems like Workday along with several others. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with information across various levels of sensitivity, often interacting with partners across PIMCO's global organization and producing content used directly in external PIMCO client communications (e.g., RFPs - Requests for Proposals, DDQs - Due Diligence Questionnaires, etc.). Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver external (RFP, DDQ, etc.) and internal ad-hoc and recurring reporting/analytics based on robust workforce data
- Engage directly with HR team leadership and other partners to assess requirements and produce deliverables
- Support/Drive Workday report usage, development and maintenance
- Perform end-to-end data analysis starting from hypothesis formation, investigation, data discovery, data wrangling, in-depth analysis, and data visualizations/reporting solutions
- Contribute to a multitude of HR and company initiatives around diversity and inclusion, organizational composition, retention/attrition, hiring, talent/performance, and compensation
- Continuous focus on data enhancements, infrastructure, and governance
- Degree(s) in Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Finance/Economics, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Analytics or similar function with mid-to-large sized organizations with a strong competence for HR data, technologies, and processes
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel/VBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and self-starter mentality to approaching workload and ability to manage capacity in a disciplined manner
- Commitment to an inclusive and collaborative team environment
- 1+ years of experience with reporting in Workday HR (including an understanding of Workday architecture, security, and Workday HR domains)
- Investment management industry knowledge, including potential experience responding to client RFPs, DDQs, etc.
- Broader knowledge of Human Resources processes and workflows
- Experience with workflow management tools like Qvidian, Service Now, etc.
- Experience with data storage and visualization tools like Snowflake and Power BI
- Experience with statistical methodologies and programming languages like R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft system and data
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 86,000.00 - $ 116,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.