Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs. Hybrid Working
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager. About Private Banking
At the Private Bank we bring the breadth and scale of what we do as a banking group to our individual clients, channelling this know-how and reaching out across our network to unlock broader capabilities. Our track record includes leading access to market opportunities and financing from the Investment and Corporate Bank, strong historical performance of discretionary investments against industry benchmarks, and unrivalled access to philanthropy advice to highlight just a few.
The Private Bank supports High Net Worth, Ultra High Net Worth and Family Office banking, investment and credit needs through a dedicated Private Banker and team of investment and wealth specialists. With offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Monaco, Switzerland, India and Dubai, the Private Bank offers our international client base access to a fully bespoke service. ------------------ Overall purpose of role
This is an entry level trainee programme. You will be employed on a 24-month contract during which you will :
- Undertakes non-regulated client service activities. Assist the Private Bank Singapore Head of Business, Bankers, Private Bank Executives, Investment Advisors and Traders in their day to day running of the business. Ensures that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, the banks Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Assists clients to establish investment objectives. Supports IAs in presenting clients financial plan with short- and/or long-term goals. Accompanies IAs in meeting with the clients to assess and provide advice and recommendation on a variety of investment solutions.
- Assists traders & IAs with client relations, investment strategy, reporting and risk mitigation.
Risk and Control Objective
- Private Bank client account administration.
- Liaising with internal product & group stakeholders (credit, investment teams, treasury, IB marketing, operations & account maintenance etc).
- Client account on boarding, AML and KYC Due Diligence - for new and existing clients.
- Creating prospect client pitch books, client reporting material & sales market research.
- Support preparation of advice documentation, running suitability in Avaloq, joining client advice calls and meetings.
- Liaising with London product teams and supporting Head of Investments in Singapore.
- Establishing the client's goals and needs.
- Conduct research and analyze investments, strategies and market conditions to determine the most appropriate options.
- Supporting execution desk colleagues, trade support, liaising with back office settlements, London credit and product staff.
- Ability to provide market specific data and information to internal colleagues as required. (pending desk set up)
- Manage trading risk by monitoring and analyzing client order flow.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Person Specification
Essential Skills / Basic Qualifications
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Able to prioritise work assignments
- Able to communicate effectively with internal staff and counterparts
- Good time management and strong follow-through skills
- We are only able to consider candidates who have and will continue to have the legal right to work in Singapore
- Diploma from a recognised polytechnic
- Academic Qualification in Banking and Finance preferred
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.