Goldman Sachs is a leading global financial institution that delivers a broad range of financial services across investment banking, securities, investment management and consumer banking to a large and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Our Department
Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) Controllers is part of the broader Controller Division which is a global team responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the financial and regulatory information of the firm and for funds managed by the firm . As well as managing both internal and external financial reporting, our expertise plays a key role in the firm's business planning decisions around allocation of scarce financial resources such as capital and balance sheet. We partner with the business in providing advice on accounting, valuation, capital, liquidity, reputational risk and other regulatory considerations when executing business with our clients. Controllers is ideal for individuals who want to work and learn within our strong culture of teamwork and collaboration and who are motivated by opportunities for challenging project work.
The AWM Product Control Team is responsible for the accounting and reporting of the firm's long term investments and managed funds . This includes working with various groups, including Corporate Treasury, Financial Reporting, Legal Entity Controllers, Accounting Policy and Technology support groups to ensure accuracy of our financial statements and other disclosures , with a strong emphasis on the valuation and other accounting issues inherent in illiquid assets held across a wide variety of asset classes. The team produces high quality reporting and analysis of our investments and fund activities which is leveraged by many teams across the firm up to the most senior level . Our Responsibilities
Our Skills Qualifications & Competencies
- Preparing the daily profit and loss account for the business, involving an assessment of the nature of revenue generated in the context of market moves and risk held as well as reconciliation between front office systems and sub-ledger as well as the firm's general ledger.
- Performing periodic independent valuation reviews for less liquid assets held by the firm and funds managed by the firm
- Participate in strategic initiatives to improve process flows and analysis as well as proactively seeking opportunities to improve workflows.
- Preparing monthly accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger and producing/reviewing relevant external disclosures.
- To interact effectively and pro-actively with the business to solve accounting issues and facilitate financial information flows which form the basis of commercial decisions.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of products and market awareness.
- Ensuring compliance with all the Firm's financial reporting requirements.
- Liaising with other departments in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity.
- Preparing, analyzing, reviewing and presentation of investments on the daily balance sheet
- Understanding of the impact of Regulatory Capital rules on a the business's activity
- Facilitating the smooth running of audits for the funds and the firm's holding entities.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant; or other relevant professional financial qualifications (e.g. CFA)
- We will also consider part-qualified candidates currently on another bank ACA/or similar program
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in financial markets/products , particularly less liquid investments
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for problem solving
- Track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and take initiative to improve own performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of valuation techniques for less liquid assets is beneficial but not essential
- Experience in preparation of audited financial statements under USGAAP, UKGAAP or IFRS is beneficial but not essential
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity