GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Portfolio Execution Group
The Portfolio Execution Group (PEG) comprises teams involved in a broad range of functional roles including trading, balance sheet management, beta replication and asset rebalancing, and applied quantitative research. Global Trading Unit
You will be the first port of call for GIC's investment teams and external counterparties in all trading-related matters. You will be part of a team that is passionate about delivering informative and impactful market intelligence leveraging technology and superior research to achieve best execution. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that seeks to deliver top-tier trade execution, to efficiently manage total portfolio liquidity, and to improve asset utilisation for GIC. What will you do as a Liquid Strategies Trader?
We are looking for a suitable candidate, with a good understanding of financial instruments and markets, and solid analytical skills to join our GTU team in Singapore as a Trader focusing on liquid markets across Equites / Fixed Income / FX. Candidates with programming skills will have an added advantage.
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Work in partnership with portfolio management teams to manage execution risks and implement investment decisions across a wide range of cash and derivatives instruments
- Analyze themes and insights, in order to produce timely and differentiated market intelligence to stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
- Work closely with quant analysts and technology partners to develop tools that will enhance trading outcomes and optimize transaction costs
Work at the Point of Impact
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of both voice and electronic trading experience in either Equities, Fixed Income and/or FX markets.
- Good working knowledge of Order Management and Execution Management Systems, and other electronic trading platforms
- Comfortable working with large datasets and has ability to visualize and gain actionable insights from raw data. Preference for programming skills in Python.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication with strong negotiation skills
- Self-driven, attentive to details and team oriented. Able to work within an institutional setup and across different teams to deliver results
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability. Learn more
Learn more about our Portfolio Execution Group here: https://gic.careers/group/portfolio-execution-group/