Who We're Looking For
To own the oversight and governance of outsourced internal services and third party engagements on behalf of State Street Global Markets (SSGM) EMEA, interacting with all GM Business lines and service providers. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Outsourcing Oversight Governance Manager, Assistant Vice President you will be
- Represent GM globally as Business Outsourcing Oversight and Governance Manager, inclusive of internal and external outsourcing
- Manage and provide leadership on Outsourcing matters across all GM business lines globally, including business change, facilitating service level agreement creation, review and execution
- Enhance senior management awareness and focus on true outsourcing risks and achievements
- Report regularly to senior management, governance committees and boards on the performance of outsourcing engagements in their units, to ensure transparency and timely resolution of KPI and KRI issues and breaches
- Better position GM globally to be in compliance with program standards and regulatory guidance in relation to outsourcing
- Respond timely to implementation of new programs and new relationship requirements based on best practices and external factors (such as regulatory guidance)
- Manage related risk programs and assessments related to existing and new internal service providers
- Facilitate Outsourcing Risk Assessments periodically and maintain alignment with the business, ensuring updates are made as and when engagements or services expand or materially change
- Evaluate any contractual breaches and non-compliance to the EMEA and global outsourcing policy and ensure timely escalation to legal entity boards and relevant governance committees
- Lead a monthly governance forum to share ideas, leverage best practices, and discuss issues and challenges
- Enhance the outsourcing controls framework and testing methodology to identify control gaps and risk for governance of the outsourcing activities for all GM business lines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making and risk management efforts
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the GM business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager in order to comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with stakeholders to ensure motivated, developed and supported delivery of requirements.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures in order for the business to comply with internal policies and external regulations and for effective management
- Provide thought leadership on outsourcing matters to develop business and engagement managers' awareness of regulatory and industry developments
About State Street What we do.
- Knowledge of financial services legal and regulatory environment and its applicability to outsourcing
- knowledge of financial markets/Global Markets, and a desire to develop functional expertise of GM products, systems and processes
- Ability to assess an event or new engagement with a service provider from a GM and a corporate perspective by understanding relative priorities and cross-unit dependencies
- Well-rounded understanding of relationship management and risk management processes
- Strong project management / documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage many relationships at different levels
- Management skills necessary to lead a team of non-direct reports / outsourcing engagement managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to manage many different relationships at different levels
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team, to tight deadlines and under multiple pressures
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.