- JN -072022-1566005
- Mar 09, 2023
- £70k - £75k
A top 10 Accountancy firm, based in the heart of the financial district in London, is recruiting an Audit Manager in their insurance audit team.
A top 10 Accountancy firm, based in the heart of the financial district in London, is recruiting an Audit Manager in their insurance audit team. The firm have an extremely well-established client base within this area and will offer clear and achievable targets to ensure you can progress and develop at your own pace.
The role has come about due to the growth of the firm's client base and will see you working within the Financial Services department, which looks after asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent qualification) and have spent at least 5 years working in an audit role where you would have spent a minimum of 70% of your time leading audits and managing a client portfolio. This role would particularly suit someone who has worked in a larger firm and is looking to step up into a management role and is keen to work in a broader role with a better work/life balance.
Audit Manager responsibilities
- Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
- Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities including attending and organising network events;
- Managing all stages of the audit and advising the partner on audit opinion;
- Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
- Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
- Managing audit teams and reviewing their work; and
- Responsibility for on the job training of more junior staff as required
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may be asked, from time to time, to deal with project work/special work which arises such as:
- Reporting accountant work on IPO's;
- Due Diligence;
- Litigation Support; and
- Fraud Investigation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.