Who we are
The transition to net zero is the existential task facing the world today. Dare is set up to solve one of the most critical challenges of the transition: the intermittency of renewables. We are an energy tech company built to make renewables viable at scale, through our unique mix of making energy smarter, energy investment and energy trading.
Using our world-leading technology, market knowledge and trading skill, our mission is to balance and digitise the world's energy, so we can reach a greener future, faster.
At Dare, you will be joining a team of ambitious individuals who challenge themselves and each other to drive innovation that makes a difference to the world. We have a culture of empowering exceptional people to become the best version of themselves.What you'll be doing
The primary focus of the team is to architect, expand and maintain the technologies that underpin the trading function of the business. As our Trading Risk Operations Analyst, you'll become an integral member of the team, providing vital support to the trading floor and ensuring the team meets its objectives.
The successful candidate will maintain and develop processes to facilitate seamless trading operations, giving us an edge in the market. You'll contribute towards the Risk framework at Dare and have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting new projects.
- Implementing and reporting new VaR models and other relevant risk metrics associated to Dare's trading activities.
- Liaising with front-office and tech teams, supporting daily market activities.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives, collaborating with wider teams internally and externally to provide meaningful solutions to meet company goals.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting/analytics that provides valuable insight into market activities to allow the company to make optimal investment decisions.
- Validate the accuracy and effectiveness of data sources used to produce various risk reports.
- Help build and maintain risk infrastructures and ensure documentation and controls are updated accordingly.
- Investigate as required any abnormal data points by requesting further information from the trading desks (e.g. hedging strategies), tech team (e.g. data workflow), exchanges (e.g. Initial margin models), clearers (e.g. Haircut Model), and other financial counterparties.
- Using a combination of Python, VBA, SQL, Tableau and other coding languages to enhance, automate and visualise key information/metrics sent to trading and senior management.
- Continuously enhance your core/programming skills through our development program to provide the most value to the company.
- Ideally a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Ideally some previous exposure to the energy sector and derivatives market.
- Quantitative/technical background (mathematics/engineering/finance/economics) and/or adequate/equivalent previous professional experience.
- Experience of process automation/enhancement using at least two of the following coding languages: Python, Excel-VBA, SQL and Tableau.
- Knowledge of/experience in any of the following tools would be ideal: Bloomberg, Platts, Reuters, Trayport, TT, ICE Connect, WebICE, CME Direct, SPAN GUIs.
- An understanding of risk (and margining) models such as VaRs, Expected Shortfall, Liquidity Risk, SPAN, etc.
- Ideally some previous experience working with exchanges, clearing houses and clearing banks.
- Detail oriented with a logical approach to address issues.
- Collaborative and a team player
- Able to handle pressure.
- Creative and able to think outside the box.
- Effective communicator with the ability to solve problems and communicate answers.
- Strong interest in technology.
- Proactive problem solver - able to make suggestions for improvements.
Beneﬁts & perks
- Previous exposure to the energy markets (oil, gas and power, etc.)
- Previous experience dealing with exchanges (risk methodologies, contract specs., etc.)
- Experience with derivatives (futures, Greeks, etc.)
- Independent troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Previous experience with creating and maintaining databases.
- Project management, professional or personal context (side/DIY project, others).
Vitality health insurance and dental cover
38 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
Learning & Development budget of £5000
Free gym membership
Deliveroo dinner account
Office massage therapy
Freshly served breakfast twice a week
Fully stocked fridge and pantry
Social events and a games roomDiversity matters
"Strength lies in differences, not in similarities." - Stephen Covey
We believe in a workplace where our people can fulfil their potential, whatever their background or whoever they are. We celebrate breadth of experience and see this as critical to problem solving, and to us thriving as a business. Our culture rewards curiosity and drive, so the best ideas triumph, and everyone here can make an impact.