Description About this role Risk Analytics & Performance Reporting Analyst/Associate
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Th firm has a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The role sits in Data Operations within Data & AI which is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the Green Package consistently, accurately and on a timely basis.
Candidates for this role will be part of our Production Delivery team. Production Delivery is a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Risk and Performance Analytics Reporting to our clients through the release of the Green Package (GP) product. The GP is a comprehensive suite of reports and tools which allow portfolio management teams to manage market risk and make sound investment decisions. Production Delivery is a fast paced and challenging environment with team members who all share an interest in Finance and Technology. Responsibilities:
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Exhibit attention to detail while delivering Green Package analytics and be accountable of timely delivery of reports to clients in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Engage in meetings with end-users of the Green Package product from all levels within the company from Portfolio and Risk Managers to Operations teams and also with our external Clients.
- Support client requests related to the Green Package analytics.
- Be a 'Student of the Markets' by following the global markets on a daily basis to understand how macro-economic factors can affect the Green Package analytics and portfolios management's risk and investment decisions.
- Project work: engaging with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands.
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing, and challenging environment.
- Good to have the understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Have a Tech IQ with basic understanding of SQL and Unix. Other Technical skills (Python and PERL) are preferred but not necessary.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spreads, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
- Good Spoken and Written Communication skills, should be able to converse freely with global counterparts
- Flexible to work in shifts and/or split weekends and holidays.
- Candidates will gain exposure to working directly with our stakeholders such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin investment technology, improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think outside the box in order to solve numerous complex issues.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.