Description About this role
The Insurance Accounting Reconciliation Team is a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all BlackRock cash & position data are accurate for critical processes including investment management, analytics, compliance, and regulatory. Cash & Position types include, but are not limited to, equities, fixed income, positions (swaps, swaptions, FXs, and synthetics) and collateral. We provide information services and solutions in supporting this business. The roles and responsibilities will include actively handling risk and exposure for BlackRock by ensuring the investment book of record is reconciled with the custodian, manager, client and/or prime record holders daily.
The Vice President will be responsible for actively handling risk and exposure for BlackRock by overseeing cash, position & collateral reconciliations and exception management processes ensuring that BlackRock data is in line with custodians, counterparties and other prime record holders every day. The team member will lead the regional team, understand the mechanics of all reconciliation processes, ensure differences are raised and resolved in a timely manner, troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues, liaise with technology support to incorporate enhancements, prepare monthly metrics, maintain training materials and recommend and drive operational improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coaching and developing the staff, leading and motivating as well as performing goal-setting, 1-1s, mid-year and year-end staff reviews
- Review of location initiatives and working with other members of the leadership team to define the criticality and priority
- Perform control and risk oversight for all functions performed within the team
- Understanding and adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Lead and motivate team towards finding opportunities for process enhancements and other strategic operational enhancements
- Accurately record metrics related to responsibilities to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency
- Fostering change within the team and participating/leading various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives
- Understand upstream processes impactful to the reconciliation and develop ability to correlate the effect of change
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal & external partners including; leading & coordinating problem resolution
- Maintain accurate and current desktop procedures!
- We adopt the BlackRock Principles and role model these behaviors to other team members
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 7 years of financial services experience and have a good understanding of Financial Markets.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience; demonstrated experience in leading teams of professionals, staff development, coaching and performance assessments
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products or other programming languages and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Possess strong, effective analytical and problem solving skills!
- Organized approach to ensure follow up on outstanding issues and identify appropriate action to be taken
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Have excellent social skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external partners
- Ability to multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Demonstration of strategic & tactical delivery in previous role(s) which would have enhanced the efficiency, risk management and control oversight of team(s) ran
- Exceptional decision-making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Capable to assist in creating a team vision, planning and executing steps to ensure a consistently robust team
- Do you thrive in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment?
- Do you have a strong initiative to follow up on outstanding issues - identify what needs to be done and take action and see through to resolution?
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.