Who we are looking for
Investment Oversight Analyst will provide investment oversight support for the investment management and other functions of SSGA and SSGA Funds Management, Inc. The Investment Oversight team is responsible for supporting investment compliance, including the monitoring of regulatory requirements and client-specific guidelines, trade oversight, and client reporting, as well as other specialized areas of compliance. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
• Review account extraction/modification forms and system-coding performed by a team of analysts to ensure accuracy
• Manage new account set-up and rule maintenance process to ensure new accounts and updates to guidelines are accurately completed and reviewed according to procedure
• Monitor new account/amendment onboarding process to ensure that appropriate reviews and sign-offs are timely obtained
• Develop, test, and implement automated rules with the monitoring systems and manual monitoring procedures for non-automated rules to ensure accuracy of all account guidelines, instructions, and mandates
• Review pre- and post-trade incidents to identify compliance breaches
• Analyze compliance breach trends, identify root causes, and resolve potential systemic issues, including recommending process design improvements and operational efficiencies
• Develop or enhance policies and procedures related to investment compliance processes, with a focus on establishing globally consistent best practices
• Work with IT, data, and system vendors to identify ways to further enhance automation and testing within the compliance systems
• Effectively liaise with internal and external auditors in the facilitation of control reviews and associated testing What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to make, validate and act on decisions using sound and logical judgment as well as influencing/assisting others to make these decisions using established regulatory guidance, policies, and procedures
- Fluent in various investment types, including currency, fixed income, equity, and derivatives
- Demonstrated analytical skills to effectively interpret governing compliance documents such as investment management agreements, prospectuses, and client guidelines/instructions
- Team player, proactive, adaptable, and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is preferred
- 6-9 years of experience in the investment management field, including portfolio compliance or other areas of regulatory compliance
- Charles River (CRD) coding experience is preferred
- Proficient Sentinel coding experience
- Knowledge of EMEA based regulations UCITs, AIF, COLL, KVG type funds, and other regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated high-level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Coding skills in another compliance system will be considered
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers