Senior Program Director - Private Markets
- NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Evanston, Illinois
- Open / Negotiable
- Mar 15, 2023
- Apr 14, 2023
- Job Code: 84743
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Asset Owner, Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Position: Senior Program Director – Private Markets
- Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
The NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health (“NS-EEH”) investment department is headquartered in Evanston, IL and oversees $8 billion in investment assets, which includes a corporate endowment fund, three pension funds, and several defined contribution programs. The department works closely with the Board of Directors, Investment Committee and internal management and is committed to being an innovative, top-tier investment team among peers.
As the Senior Program Director – Private Markets at NS-EEH, you will focus on assessing the market environment and sourcing/monitoring investment manager relationships in private equity, venture capital, and other private investment areas. In this role you will be an integral part of a rapidly growing team that is committed to developing internal talent via close collaboration with the CIO and other investment team members.
What you will need:
Education: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required, preferably in economics, social sciences, mathematical sciences, engineering, computer science, business or other relevant discipline
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Business or similar discipline or progress towards. CFA and/or CAIA, or progress towards.
Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of four (4) or more years of relevant professional experience in an asset allocator role, institutional asset management, investment consulting or other similar field
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant professional experience in an asset allocator role, institutional asset management, investment consulting or other similar field preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with third-party database/analysis providers such as eVestment, InvestmentMetrics and Burgiss a plus
What you will do:
- Leads idea generation, sources investment manager relationships through networks, market research and analysis activities.
- Works closely with the CIO on the capital pacing model for private investments.
- Leads the due diligence process, or re-underwriting process, that results in the recommendations to add, hold or remove investment managers, as well as maintain the relationship for the manager once added to the portfolio.
- Compiles the market mapping, overviews and assessments of potential investment managers, as well as economic and market analysis.
- Maintains quantitative and qualitative analyses of manager performance and holdings.
- Organizes and leads due diligence trips to investigate new themes or review existing or potential managers.
- Collaborates with the operations team at the inception of a new investment to ensure thorough operational due diligence.
- Prepares internal reports as necessary detailing performance, exposures, concentrations, and other portfolio characteristics.
- Monitors asset class valuations and data for further research into potential new investment opportunities.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs