At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
An exciting opportunity exists to join Close Brothers on our credit modelling journey. The role (Senior Analyst/Manager level) will involve executing and developing credit stress testing models (covering business units such as Asset Finance, Leasing, Invoice, Property or Energy) but also other risk types such as Operational Risk, as well as analysing and communicating the results to stakeholders, including Finance and Risk Directors.
In addition, the role will involve supporting the development and maintenance of other stress testing initiatives (such as Financial Volatility) as well as non-stress testing activities such as corporate IRB credit model development and maintenance, exploring new and existing data sources, and ensuring model compliance against regulatory standards.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in the execution of stress testing models, including the sourcing and transformation of input data, analysis of model outputs, liaising with stakeholders, and communicating the results and key themes.
- Lead in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of stress testing models, with a focus on credit to project forward IRB and IFRS9 risk metrics, to deliver unique and innovative modelling solutions to internal customers.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Enhance, evolve and support the wider stress testing framework and initiatives, being curious and creative in how these may potentially be used to support Risk Appetite and other reporting.
- Support non-stress testing activities, in particular corporate IRB model development and maintenance.
- You have experience of developing or running credit stress testing models or IFRS9 models, including the analysis and communication of model results, ideally for the purposes of an annual regulatory exercise such as ICAAP or Annual Concurrent Stress Test.
- You have experience of engaging with multiple stakeholders and functions, such as Credit and Finance.
- You have some familiarity and knowledge of IRB or IFRS9 credit risk models and their outputs.
- You are enthused and excited to solve real world business problems through the application of analytical thinking and the creation of unique and innovative modelling solutions
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at email@example.com or request a call back.ABOUT US
At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term.