VP, Development Manager (Payments), Group Technology
Posting Date: 11-Mar-2023
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, Singapore
Company: 3677 About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. Job Responsibilities
The Cash & Payments technology team is responsible for all aspects of the cash & payments processing application portfolio, including:
- Defining the application end state and transition plan aligning to overall architecture roadmap
- Delivering all IT solutions and enhancements.
- Ensuring highly available and scalable system capabilities to accommodate business growth
- Managing risk and security aspects of the application portfolio
As part of major investment program over the next few years significant enhancements, transformation and upgrades of the current payments pre-processing platform is planned
Reporting to the head of Cash & Payments-channels, this role is responsible for all day-to-day application development and integration activities including:
- All application software development and support activities from pre-project initiation, functional specifications to development, implementation, testing and post go-live support
- Build and lead a team of leads, developers and analysts to implement and integrate new age solutions as per target roadmap that meets the business objectives.
- Design & Develop application framework following software engineering principles
- Define and manage technical solution from design through to code level, in close collaboration with the enterprise architecture and software engineering functions
- Manage 3rd party vendors and integration partners to ensure application deliveries are timely and good quality.
- Define the technical phased implementation approach aligning to target roadmap
- Provide hands-on guidance to the team on functional and technical issues
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide consultation on solution and technology.
- Lead and contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to agile methods, CI/CD tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank's System Development Methodology (SDM)
Be a part of UOB Family
- Strong IT delivery experience in implementing large scale, highly available applications, preferably payment processing, entitlements, orchestration solutions.
- At least 10 years of experience in application development and maintenance with full software development life cycle experience, including hands-on experience in actual systems design & development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications and systems development and testing experience
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
- 5+ years' experience on design, development and implementation of applications using micro services, Restful API, containers
- Good understanding and experience in various software development cycle methodologies, including migrating from Waterfall to Agile methodologies
- Technical skillset:
- ESB, Event Driven, Microservices , SOA Architecture, Services governance and design
- React, BackboneJS, NodeJS
- Java, Microservices, SpringBoot, Apache Camel
- JBoss, Weblogic.
- IBM MQ, REST, SOAP, WSDL, Kafka.
- Spring Security, Netegrity, PKI, JCE, JSSE
- Object Design and Modelling
- DevOps (Git, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Sonarcube, Fortify, Docker, Kubernetes, Cucumber etc.)
- At least one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL, Maria DB or any NoSQL
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Exposure to the following technologies: Weblogic/JBoss, Unix operating systems, MQ/ConnectDirect messaging
- 5 or more years' experience as a lead or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company managing team of developers/engineers ( onsite, offshore)
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Experience with implementing and integrating 3rd-party solutions is preferred
- Domain knowledge in Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments preferred
- Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong team player able to rally multiple teams towards common objective.
- Good networking, problem solving, analytical, system thinking and solutioning skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.