Overview Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. Description:
Working with a collaborative global team to achieve goals and targets.
The successful applicant will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
The teams work with several dynamic tools and systems to assist in the monitoring and resolution of tasks and use up to date technology to collaborate with internal colleagues.
Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a small- to medium-sized client processing support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters where required. The role also requires good attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to escalate potential risks to both peers and management in a timely fashion. As a Lead Representative and where applicable this role may also involve people management responsibilities and/or deputising in team managers absence Job Purpose:
The duties and tasks you will learn and be responsible for may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Processing and sending client instructions
- Monitoring and/or reporting processing activity
- Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a small- to medium-sized client processing support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
- Provides support to business and technology managers; handles complex client inquiries and requests.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves escalated and/or complex problems in client accounts or company records.
- Works closely with technology and systems teams to ensure the system is efficient and incorporates any necessary risk mitigations
- Monitors exceptions until resolved
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Responsible for allocating and checking work of other team members
- Trains staff in technical tools and skills as well as specific internal or external client support activities
- Supports the achievement of team objectives.
- The successful candidate needs to be enthusiastic, flexible and have the drive to be successful while working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Strong communication and time management skills and ability to escalate critical risk items when required
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and be able to work under time pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Clerical skills with particular focus on accuracy, attention to detail, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Take ownership of issues and ability to escalate quickly and effectively to team lead/manager where required
- Have a proactive mindset and be confident to challenge and question processes to help drive process improvement
- Adherence to policy and operational procedures and comfortable working in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to learn quickly and take responsibility for own learning and development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer literate
What we can offer you:
- Experience within a client focussed environment
- Understanding of back-office operations within a bank/finance company
- Experience in securities or financial services industry
- Supervisory and/or people management responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders where required
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.