Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter. About the team
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team in Belfast as part of Citi's Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) business. The team support the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) TTS team with centralized guidance, reporting, development, and enhancement of procedures, monitoring of controls and maintenance of standards. The role reports to the Belfast TTS Manager who is also based in Belfast.
There is a lot of interest and buy-in to the success of this team across TTS so the potential for growth of this team and the subsequent opportunities for career development are excellent. About the role
The primary focus of this position is to support EMEA Country/Product Assessment Units to facilitate and manage the wider Managers Control Assessment (MCA) program. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
About the individual
- Day-to-day management of the MCA, including system inputs, providing advice, guidance and data analysis
- Assist with testing of controls in place across the UK and EMEA TTS businesses to ensure risks are sufficiently mitigated in line with documented processes
- Support with documenting test results in an accurate, clear and concise manner to enable detailed reporting to Senior Management.
- Ad-hoc documentation and reporting
- Look for ways to improve existing processes and controls, create efficiencies and STP/automation where applicable
- Analyze large data sets in Excel to generate regular and ad-hoc reporting for relevant forums which will be documented and presented to the business and Senior Management
- Conduct how to / training sessions on ad-hoc basis to support the TTS businesses to carry out the required Risk and Control processes
- Contribute to maintaining SharePoint sites that can be utilized across the TTS products to access guidance, processes, templates, reporting etc., with the aim of increasing self-service access for the EMEA teams
- Engagement and assistance with additional workstreams as required
Full and ongoing training will be provided however the successful candidate will require a willing approach to grow their skillset to support with the overall growth of the team. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator - ability to build rapport and relationships with stakeholders, many of whom are located in non-UK locations and in Senior positions.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Organizational skills - you will need to be able to organize yourself, managing multiple processes with different deadlines and stakeholder asks. The ability to manage your own time and priorities, with the support of your manager is key, so you must be comfortable in this kind of environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel - confident in navigating the application, analyzing large sets of data and familiar with pivot tables and basic formula
What this role offers you
- A strong attention to detail - over time you should be able to identify deficiencies or control gaps and have a can-do attitude with a view of working to tighten said controls in order to mitigate the risk to the firm/business
- Flexibility of approach - as the success of the team grows, more tasks and opportunities will come to the team, giving you the opportunity to grow your knowledge and skillset and requiring your ability to flex to learn new tasks and systems
Aside from the highly competitive benefits that Citi already offers, this role will give you:
What we Offer
- The opportunity to become a subject matter expert (SME) in an area with a great deal of focus within the firm
- Knowledge about Front Office processes and controls. Risk and Control is a growing focus area in Financial Services and the growth in this area across Citi is rapid at the moment
- Technical skills development through process and control analysis and improvement
- The chance to be part of a flexible team that values its people, encourages ownership of your work, wants to hear your ideas, values diversity and where you can feel confident that you can bring your whole self to work
- Career development prospects as the team grows in the coming years - we are creating a sustainable team with career pathways for those who demonstrate their contribution to our success
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting