First VP, Strategy and Portfolio Management, Risk and Decision Management, Group Retail
Posting Date: 09-Mar-2023
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group's business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
The role is based in Singapore and will report to Retail Analytics & Credit Models head, who in turn reports to the Head of Risk and Decision Management (RDM). The candidate will be managing the PFS lending analytics area covering both Secured (Mortgage, Auto) and Unsecured (Credit Cards, Revolving Line of Credit) lending lines of business. The role would entail Acquisition & portfolio analytics, credit model usage, predictive modelling (credit & marketing models) as well as overall risk management of PFS portfolios in Singapore and the region.
• Work with Business Senior Management across the regional markets for Unsecured Loans to support business decisions/growth through customer segmentation, acquisition targeting and customer profitability analysis
• Partner with the regional RDM teams to drive key initiatives across the region covering customer lifecycle from acquisition, activation, relationship management, cross selling and retention.
• Lead the development and deployment of the various predictive models (regression, machine learning) to support business growth in various markets, including the profitability and impact analysis of the models.
• Lead the collaboration with various external partners across the regions in term of data and analytics for enhancing the leads generation process as well as exploring alternate data for developing X-sell and underwriting models
• Leverage on alternate data (third-party data, CASA data) to enhance the underwriting capabilities through predictive models or segmentations.
• Work closely with various stakeholders in Group and regional countries to support the Integration project for the scorecard related items.
• Optimize underwriting of risk policies for acquisition and portfolio management activities and ensure risk/return profile is optimized and within the banks risk appetite. Come up with Test program proposals to test policies, score cutoff etc to drive portfolio growth
• Utilize the use of scorecard in customer acquisition, portfolio management, collections and other areas of the credit cycle. Liaise with business managers, credit approval, collections and other stakeholders to share and obtain feedback on model performance and perform score cutoff studies to optimize.
• Provide regular and adhoc credit risk/business analysis and advisory to business managers, senior management, regulators and key stakeholders.
• Undergraduate degree in a quantitative programme, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Finance and Economics degree with quantitative focus. MBA / post graduate degree is an added advantage
• 12+ years of experience in credit risk management/decision science in a retail banking environment. Experience in Unsecured Lending and Machine Learning is highly desired
• Team player who can work well with cross functional teams in UOBS and regionally, good communication skills (verbal and written) and self-motivated. Ability to collaborate with other business partners and stakeholders to address key business challenges and opportunities
• Self starter, flexible with a proven ability to lead teams, as well as being able to take ownership and drive projects to completion.
• Good computing skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL and database familiarity. Familiarity with Python is an added advantage.
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and meticulous.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.