AVP, Settlement, Custody Investment Operations Centre
Posting Date: 10-Mar-2023
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage custody settlement operations team and supervise the execution of daily operations.
- Manage the team resources to ensure sufficient coverage to support the business.
- People development: coaching, performance evaluation, objective setting, training and development of team members.
- Develop and maintain close working partnership with business, key functions and sub custodian/depository.
- Proactive review and update of operational procedures.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure Risk Self Control Assessment and control items are up to date and effective.
- Review and update Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plan
- Identify potential areas for process optimization.
- Lead and contribute to strategic project.
- Contribute to MIS and regulatory reporting.
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 10 years of banking operations experience and 4 years of people management (preferably in securities settlement)
- Good leadership and people management
- Sound strategic planning, analytical
- Meticulous and willing to deep dive to improve processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree holder in business, banking and finance or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of custody business will be an advantage
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.