The Role Responsibilities
- Assist with establishing the asset backed loan (ABL) financing business in Europe with a focus on fund financing transactions backed by corporate credit assets (private credit/direct lending, stressed/distressed loans) as well as more esoteric asset pools (receivables, SME portfolios).
- Work closely with the origination and distribution teams for the product.
- Work with the origination and distribution teams in Europe to help expand the platform.
- Help team head deliver on the strategic direction and performance of Structured Credit Trading
- Work with Sales, Structuring, TRM and other internal stake holders to execute initiatives to grow Financing business.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the strategy and business model of the Group and Global Credit, as appropriate to the role.
- Maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client identification, risk management, service and infrastructure.
- Work closely with Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, Financed Risk, Sales and Structuring team to benefit from mutual expertise / strengths.
- Achieve assigned full year budget /revenue for client income.
- Increase SCB's visibility by driving commercial, competitive pricing for our clients.
- Assist team head with the implementation of Structured Credit Trading specific strategies and ensure that personal performance objectives and revenue goals are met and RWA targets managed.
- Active performance monitoring - spot areas of underperformance and take corrective action.
- Adhere to all internal and external regulations.
- Help embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Help ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Help monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations.
- Assist with identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Ensure operational risk management and reporting are embedded as an integral part of the business process.
- Verify that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards, and codes.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations and where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Help promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations and adhere to the expected high standards set out in the FM Code of Conduct.
- Work with the team to implement Structured Credit Trading specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and long-term economic profit (EP) goals are met.
- Proactively manage own performance delivery on targets.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Help the Structured Credit Trading Europe team achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Credit Structuring
- Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Team
- Credit Sales, e-Sales
- Credit Research, Syndication, Capital Markets
- Credit Solutions and other teams in Credit Trading
- Support and Control functions
- Modelling and Analytics Group
Role Specific Competencies
- Proven experience in executing loan on loan financing against middle market loans.
- Familiarity of other financing structures such as Total Return swaps, repo etc.
- An understanding of fund financing space in Europe
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
About Standard Chartered
- CCIB: Trading - Investment Risk, Economics and Finance Advanced
- CCIB: Trading - Market Risk Advanced
- CCIB: Trading - Trading Advanced
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers