Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Department & Role Overview:
Risk Management supports Nomura to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the firm, providing independent advice to the Board and protecting the firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, operational and other risks. Operational Risk Management is the risk oversight function for operational risk and provides risk guidance and credible challenge to the business and corporate functions. The role resides within the firm's Operational Risk Management function reporting to the Global Head of Operational Risk based in Asia.
Global IT and Infrastructure Risk Lead will be responsible for leading global Operational Risk Management's oversight of IT and Cyber, Third-Party, Resilience and Transaction Lifecycle risk domains across the firm. This includes providing guidance on risk and control matters, forming an independent and consolidated view of risks in those domains across the enterprise, and partnering with risk domain SME Functions and regional ORM to deliver on risk mitigation efforts.
• Establish a strategy to develop and improve Operational Risk Management in the IT and Cyber, Third-Party, Resilience and Transaction Lifecycle risk in partnership with risk domain SME functions.
• Coordinate and lead efforts by regional Operational Risk Management team members covering Information Technology, Information Security, Business Resilience, Vendor Risk, Operations and Middle Office functions to provide globally consistent challenge, feedback and advise.
• Participate and influence decision making in management forums and contribute to continuous improvement of risk practices.
• Lead ORMs oversight and challenge of assessment of risk exposures and control effectiveness in the SME department Risk and Control Self-Assessments and take lead in assessing adequacy of risk and controls across the respective risk domains.
• Establish appropriate risk appetite and early warning metrics with SME functions to monitor risk exposures in line with firm's risk appetite.
• Lead and challenge review of material operational risk events and analysis of thematic operational risks impacting across the risk domains.
• Lead in executing special projects and global initiatives to identify and mitigate risk.
• Contribute to development of enterprise-wide risk and control management frameworks for risk domains in collaboration with risk domain SME functions.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
• 10+ of relevant financial services risk management experience managing information and communication technology and cyber risks in large organizations with robust knowledge of technology, risks and controls, IT and security architecture, operational resilience, and third party technology risk management.
• Experience managing IT Risk, Cyber Security, Third-Party Risk and Business Resilience risk with exposure to financial service industry.
• Knowledge and experience with information technology and cyber-security risk management standards. Demonstrated capability in analyzing technical systems and associated business and assess risk and controls.
• Experience in technology risk roles in the 1LOD, 2LOD, 3LOD and/or experience in practical experience in developing or supporting IT solutions.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations.
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer