Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
E-Trading Strategy FX sits within Nomura's Global Markets division. FX is a strategic franchise for Nomura whose direction is driven from Singapore with the team focusing on all quant and tech elements of the Electronic FX flows within Nomura. This ranges from market making (the models, the curve and subsequent price distribution), our aggregator and the algos within it and other such projects such as our web-enabled Single Dealer Platform. In short - if it's electronically handled within Nomura it flows through one of the systems the team owns.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a key part of this growing team who are focused on building out the Nomura FX franchise. You will be working with the wider development team in Singapore and London to ensure that the products delivered are up to the highest standards to support our 24 hours a day, 5 and half days a week FX business. Your focus will be not only in the quality assurance of the system but also within the reliability. We are committed to engineering systems that are designed to deliver across our franchise with thought in their application.
- Qualitative Assurance of all aspects of FX market making and FX algorithmic trading
- Manage and work on projects related to FX products
- To liaise and work closely with the Macro Trading and Sales teams
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Electronic FX Quality Assurance Engineer role within a bank or a financial institution
- Experience in software testing, Java, Cucumber / Junit and Gradle
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keenness to improve through automation and documentation
- Innovative, self-motivated, a team player, able to work independently and under pressure and meet deadlines