Description About this role Vice President | AMRS POG | About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With about USD $8 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role will be based in our Mumbai, India location.
Americas ("AMRS") Product Oversight and Governance ("POG") is a unit within Global Accounting & Product Services ("GAAPS"). Members of the AMRS POG team are responsible for supporting more than $5T in total AUM and 2000+ funds that comprise U.S. iShares, Mutual Funds, CTFs and Canadian iShares and Institutional Funds (the "Funds"). Primary aspects of the support model provided by AMRS POG to the Funds include fund board governance, fund lifecycle services (launches, liquidations, restructures) fund treasury oversight and chief financial officer duties. AMRS POG works closely with several internal GAAPS teams, BLK functions and external stakeholders and service providers to deliver quality and value to our shareholders. Those interactions include the Funds Boards, custodians, auditors, accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development and business management, portfolio management, valuation, tax, legal and compliance, internal audit, risk and quality assurance, and multiple other organizations and functions.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to establish the AMRS POG footprint in Mumbai and manage a team of highly skilled individuals to partner with product groups across the globe, working closely with the AMRS POG teams in the US and Canada. The broad fund range offers individuals opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths.
Roles & responsibilities
- Key point of contact for partnership with AMRS based team.
- Drive opportunity, efficiency, and scalability for global POG presence.
- Manage the Mumbai POG team consisting of 8-12 individuals
- Lead the buildout of the local POG Mumbai team including interviewing and hiring of employees, developing a training regimen, and designing the target operating model.
- Oversight of outsourced functions including fund auditors, review performance of the service providers, and evaluate control environments.
- Review and challenge accounting policies and procedures to help evolve the operating model to best practice with a focus on automation and technology.
- Assist regulatory reporting teams with reviews of certain technical areas of fund financials and fund prospectuses.
- Support periodic fund distributions process, working closely with product development and tax teams.
- Lead product lifecycle engagement for launches, liquidations, mergers, and other structural events.
- Develop oversight and monitoring process for various functions including custody, expense ratio reviews, escheatment, website data integrity, tax reclaims, and lines of credit.
- Contribute towards and prepare presentations to BlackRock governance bodies (e.g., fund boards) and committees.
- Support the development of comprehensive fund/group metrics for periodic reporting and POG brand building.
- Involved in the investigation of operating events and coordinate with cross functional colleagues.
- Provide fund accounting technical input across all operational aspects.
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock to support effective cross-functional engagement.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting the funds.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years investment management industry experience with fund structures such as open-and close-end mutual funds, interval and tender offer funds, and exchange traded funds.
- 2-5 years management experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC regulatory reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of accounting, reporting and investment operations for a broad array of domestic and foreign equity, fixed income, financing and derivative investment holdings and strategies.
- Familiarity with RIC tax and fund distribution requirements.
- Good understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Diverse range of fund expense structures (unitary and pass thru) and methods for waivers, caps, allocation, and application of break points.
- Strong leadership and people manager skillset.
- External service provider oversight and control environment assessment.
- Audit experience preferred, but not required.
Project Management for regulatory and business change
- Accountability and ownership of key functions and special projects.
- Vendor management experience.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle contending priorities.
- Consistent record in implementing change management.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities with all levels, including portfolio managers, fund directors, external auditors, senior management, and vendors.
- Partnership building across the global footprint.
- Initiative, drive, and passion.
- Excellent attention to detail and passion for performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.