About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
We are recruiting a Junior Relationship Manager to support the Relationship Directors in managing existing strategically important client relationships and help maintain and drive forward the client experience agenda. In this role you will have the opportunity to have deep and complex engagement with strategic clients. You will interact with a number of internal functions in order to service the client.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination, management and execution of the client's governance and service delivery model, investment requests and collation of review meeting papers and attendance at a number of client facing meeting. Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally are a key part of the role. Role Responsibilities
How you'll spend your time ....
- The role is an integral part of the sales process and involves a variety of activities, including assistance with client presentations, conference calls, roadshows, and in-house meetings
- Our strategic insurance clients have a series of key SLAs that are critical part of the ongoing relationship. Delivering on the SLAs and project managing these deliverables would be a key part of the role
- Ensure timely response to day-to-day client queries from our key strategic insurance clients. (Queries typically include the client's insurance investment office, Actuarial department, Responsible Investment teams, operations, risk and reporting departments among others)
- Lead Legal change including fund guideline amendments and investment instructions
- Manage and Communicate investment strategy ideas and market intelligence in a pro-active manner to the client's investment team
- Call out issues as appropriate
- Understand the clients and their requirements and communicate these effectively with internal partners
- Assist the lead Relationship manager and lead client service manager in improving the overall client experience
- Be an advocate for the client within CTI
- Ensure Salesforce accurately reflects all client details of our dedicated insurance clients, contact activity and pipeline for your dedicated clients
- Maintain up to date knowledge of investment markets, regulations and CTI strategies in order to be able to discuss the same with clients and their consultants
- Liaise with client servicing and client reporting for a timely and delivery of regular standard and custom client investment reporting
- Providing team and client support on both a proactive and reactive basis
To be successful in this role you will have ....
- Good investment management experience including an understanding of asset management, financial instruments, administration processes, performance analysis, client investment reporting
- Must be a structured individual with strong workflow management and project management skills
- Particular attention to detail
- Good self-organisational and time management skills; ability to work through pressure and short deadlines
- Strong ability to build relationships and work with others both in the team and across the business to achieve the best client outcomes
- Ability to make clear decisions and exercise good judgement; problem solving, specifically around data and process
- Excellent facilitation and management skills, being able to discuss sophisticated/technical concepts
- Openly shares information and own expertise with others
- Excellent numerical and written skills are needed