PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an EM local and External Trader/Portfolio Manager for its London office to augment the existing emerging markets ("EM") portfolio management effort. The Portfolio Manager would specialize in both trading of EM local markets and hard currency debt, and be responsible for trading and portfolio management strategies, structuring portfolios, client servicing, marketing, trade execution, and coordination of information flows. PIMCO's EM portfolio is approximately $80 billion in assets. The position requires good general knowledge of portfolio/risk management and sovereign credit, as well as an expert understanding of both local and hard currency trading. Trading volume is high and the ability to be able to multitask effectively is essential to the role. This position requires substantial experience of portfolio/risk management and a sound understanding of emerging markets debt. Responsibilities
- Execute transactions in fixed income securities and their derivative instruments, such as EM local and sovereign debt, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps
- Responsible for making recommendations on relative value, security and instrument selection
- Combine market knowledge with macroeconomic and country analysis to generate strategies and trading recommendations across PIMCO portfolios firm wide
- Attend country presentations and roadshows to develop deeper understanding of country fundamentals
- Assist with daily portfolio maintenance and rebalancing processes
Other Personal Characteristics
- Minimum of two years of EM markets / trading experience
- Substantial EMEA emerging markets trading experience required as part of overall experience
- Ability to trade and understand the nuances of local currency and hard currency markets and to learn nuances of institutional global trading procedures.
- Understanding fundamentals and concepts of portfolio/risk management.
- Strong academic credentials and achievement, with quantitative acumen preferred.
- Masters/MBA preferred but not required.
- Ability to develop thoughtful trading strategies for specific objectives and/or recommended alternative strategies for achieving portfolio goals.
- Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally.
- Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies.
- Flow trading experience is ideal; proprietary trading experience is suitable
- Effective client presentation skills. Ability to articulate PIMCO philosophy and process and support new business franchise
- A collegial work style, sense of humor, and a thick skin
- Strong work ethic and ability to be successful in a high intensity environment
- Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs
- Able to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets
- Unassailable ethics and integrity
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.