Head of EMEA Asset Stewardship State Street Global Advisors
The Asset Stewardship team is responsible for developing and implementing the firm's proxy voting and engagement guidelines, managing issuer engagement, and undertaking research and analysis of governance and sustainability related issues. As a senior member of SSGA's Asset Stewardship team, the individual in this role will be responsible for managing activities associated with State Street Global Advisors' Asset Stewardship efforts across EMEA. This role requires significant cross-organizational leadership and teamwork skills to: i) Oversee proxy voting and engagement activities across EMEA ii) Present our views to clients and market participants across EMEA and iii) Establish and build a team to support such efforts. Key Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Responsible for overseeing voting and engagement activities with investee companies across EMEA
- Engage with issuers through a variety of methods, including face-to-face meetings, investor conferences, conference calls, emails and letter-writing
- Work with our Stewardship team to engage, track and organize company meetings as well as annual reporting and other external communications
- Contribute to the wider investment agenda in areas including regulatory and policy-related developments, engagement with external parties, and voting guidelines development
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand stewardship landscape to ensure that stewardship program is staying abreast of client expectation, market best practice, and regulations
- Contribute to the analysis of stewardship related regulations/governmental expectations, and share insights with the broader stewardship team
- Work with broader business to advocate SSGA's stewardship approach and leadership on stewardship and activities undertaken.
- Manage and develop talent. Ensure broader team is trained with stewardship acumen to meet business requirements
- Collaborate closely with the Global Head of Asset Stewardship to ensure success of our overall stewardship program
- 10+years of experience in proxy voting and company engagement across EMEA
- Strong understanding of SSGA's Asset Stewardship team's activities and related narratives.
- Proven ability to build a high-performing team to achieve desired results. The candidate should have a track record of effectively managing individuals and leading initiatives from start to finish.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills with an engaging personality. Ability to present information in an organized and clear fashion.
- Strong understanding of SSGA's clients and client-facing activities would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills with comfort working independently and within a team setting. Ability to work in a dynamic environment, demonstrating initiative and the ability to prioritize workloads. Candidates must be detail oriented.
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business, economics or finance) and/or CFA designation (or willingness to pursue these designations) would be beneficial.