Functional Job Title Corporate Treasury Planning & Analysis (AeJ) Corporate Title
Vice President Department
Treasury (Finance) Employing Entity
Nomura Singapore Limited Company overview
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries and regions. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com .
Aon's Benefit Index ® , Nomura's benefits rank #1
amongst our competitors
Treasury is responsible for all aspects of unsecured funding and to manage liquidity and funding in accordance with board mandated risk appetite and in compliance with regulatory liquidity metrics.
The Global Treasury Planning and Analysis (P&A) team is responsible for designing and implementing the Global Liquidity Risk Management Framework covering areas such as liquidity risk monitoring and mitigation, CFP, FTP policy and ownership of the regulatory liquidity ratios such as LCR/NSFR. A large part of the role involves working directly with senior stakeholders across Finance, Operations and Desk Heads to ensure continuous dialogue and review of all matters pertaining to liquidity risk.
The team is also responsible for driving the change agenda, working with other finance functions to adopt new technologies and move away from legacy reporting infrastructure. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a key member of the AEJ Treasury P&A team who will help implement, monitor and manage local regulatory and internal liquidity risk metrics across entities within the region. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
Liquidity Risk Management and Monitoring
- Design, implement and monitor liquidity risk framework for Asia ex Japan business and entities
- Liquidity Risk modelling for global markets business
- Continuously review the liquidity risk framework in the light of changing business dynamics and regulatory requirements
- Forecasting liquidity requirements in BAU and stress scenarios
- Design and implementation of FX management framework, including collateral swaps
- Design Liquidity Sources and Uses analysis at country and regional level
- Treasury and Liquidity Risk Oversight of Nomura's Korea and Singapore business - understanding country specific challenges, regulatory requirements and nuances
- Co-ordinate and lead annual CFP exercises across the region with focus on Korea and Singapore
- Development of Funds Transfer Pricing policies to support commercial decision making
- Regular dialogue with senior stakeholders to understand liquidity drivers and develop policy framework using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
Regulatory Liquidity Requirements
- Engagement with business for liquidity optimization and trade mitigation
- Design, implement and maintain regulatory reporting control, governance and escalation frameworks
- Contribute to annual governance attestations such as RCSA, EUC, BCP
- Daily/monthly review and sign-off, working closely with off-shore production team
- Responsible for end to end daily Treasury MI from data sourcing and automation of liquidity reporting to explains and business MI
- Treasury lead for new business initiatives - technology upgrade, ESTB program setup, new product implementation etc.
- Involvement in UAT and impact assessment of policy changes
- Treasury point of contact for business, operations, finance and other functions for all things change related
- To manage the company's financial resources in order to help meet the company's business objectives, Treasury strategy includes making effective use of balance sheet resources (e.g., liquidity and capital) and other financial instruments. It also means dynamically interacting with variety of different business partners to help drive business strategy and company's return dynamics with time to market in mind to stay competitive in the market.
- Must have visionary responses and have Sense & Response attitude
- Need to be Proactive with governance and controls in mind
- Must drive Transfer Pricing to reflect full cost of manufacturing need of the positions both in the front -end as well as the long-end so that the right cost can be reflected into manufacturing a products and the spreads can be managed appropriately and within the risk appetite and return dynamics of the firm
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience in ALM/ Liquidity Risk Management in an international financial institution with focus on Asian jurisdiction - Korea, Singapore and India
- Minimum 10 years' experience in design and implementation of liquidity risk and ALM framework
- Deep understanding of the regulatory liquidity framework, funding, recovery & resolution planning with hands on experience is a must
- Prior experience in digital transformation of Treasury function is highly desirable
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with advanced data handling, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience of Tableau and Power BI is highly desirable
- Self-starter and eager to learn, able to take ownership of issues/ project and drive to completion
- Articulate with excellent communication (written and verbal) skills - ability to communicate confidently across the business lines
- Ability to clearly explain complex issues, policies, and procedures to multiple stakeholders (e.g. management, colleagues, front office, middle office, back office, risk, audit, etc.)
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER : This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer