Join us as a Risk & Controls Analyst- Digital Investing
What you'll do
- If you're looking for a new challenge, where you can play a key role in preventing potential risks to our customers and the business , this could be the ideal role for you
- You'll work in partnership with the first line of defence and businesses in both Retail and Wealth in applying effective risk management, and anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of risk across the bank.
- By liaising closely with a range of stakeholders, you'll have an opportunity to raise your profile across the bank as well as a strong focus on personal development
- To drive analysis of the impact of the new Consumer Duty regulations on our Digital Investment product
You'll play a key role in supporting our digital invest platform Natwest Invest and delivering risk management initiatives that support the effective application of the operational risk framework and conduct risk obligations, with an opportunity to improve the understanding and effective management of risk across the bank.
We'll look to you to support the business in managing the risks which exist, making sure mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined risk appetite, working in conjunction with the second line of defence.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Developing and supporting the interrogation and analysis of relevant management information, supporting effective risk management on the part of your stakeholders
- Controlling resources that contribute to the development of guidance notes and content, upskilling the broader first line of defence function and businesses
- Supporting management in facilitating regular stakeholder meetings and key forums through preparing and issuing of supporting paperwork and assessing regulatory impacts
- Building and maintaining trusted working partnerships across the bank and our franchises, to inform and gather intelligence on emerging and future risks and controls
To be successful in this role, you'll demonstrate knowledge of how a large financial services organisation operates and bring experience of working in a first or second line of defence risk role.
You'll also bring:
- Knowledge of how a large financial services organisation operates
- A clear track record of collaboration, achievement and delivery
- Knowledge of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of operational risk management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to influence at all levels, by writing papers and possibly presenting to colleagues.