Hedge Fund, LondonOperations Analyst Role
Founded in 2005, AKO Capital is a one of Europe's leading investment partnerships, managing in excess of $20bn across European and Global equity funds. We are offering a unique opportunity to a recent graduate to join as an Operations Analyst. This is a generalist role within a small, collegial team offering broad exposure and growth opportunities across the full range of operational functions.
We are long-term, patient and responsible investors, and take the same approach to our employees. We believe that a commitment to people is paramount to success as the strength of our results in the long run will reflect the strength of our team. Continuous improvement and innovation are our core values, and we look for enthusiasm and an ownership mentality in all our team members. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture.
For more details on our business principles please see: https://www.akocapital.com/business-principles/Roles & responsibilities
Applicants must have:
- Daily reconciliation of cash and fund holdings to the records of our funds' administrator and brokers.
- Working directly with staff at our fund administrator and broker counterparties to resolve discrepancies.
- Daily calculations of fund share prices.
- Cash/Treasury management.
- Foreign exchange hedging.
- Managing corporate actions such as dividends, stock splits and voting the funds' shares.
- Monitoring margin/counterparty balances held at brokers.
- Calculation of trades for execution by traders.
- Project Work to continuously improve our Back-Office Infrastructure.
- Opportunities to learn about risk management, Investor Relations, Accounting and Regulatory Compliance.
- A strong academic background and degree.
- An enthusiastic and hands-on approach.
- An inquisitive and proactive nature.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to develop constructive relationships with peers and counterparties.
- The right to work in the UK.