Description About this role Team Overview
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock's portfolio management teams and clients. GAAPS is central to BlackRock's operations in providing subject matter expertise, supervising fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and collaborating closely with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally. Role Responsibilities
- Providing operational and accounting support for all investments within the Alternatives platform. Assist in developing operating models to address support of manual or unusual aspects of new alternative products and investments
- Actively ensure outstanding control environment exists internally in an oversight capacity and externally within our 3rd party administrators
- Provide ongoing operational support for complex products or investment types, which includes reconciling data received from third parties and coordinating input of data into internal systems
- Lead external and internal administration and accounting for certain mandates, including investment valuation, data management, and asset and cash reconciliations
- Lead trade, valuation and cash flow information is updated timely and accurately in internal systems
- Assist with preparation and review of client reporting and ensure deliverables are met
- Lead collaboration with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to resolve operational issues, as identified
- 2 to 8 years of relevant investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, including review experience for at least a portion of that time.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance. CPA a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Accurate and effective accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and financial documents.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to optimally time manage projects and team members, work under pressure, and produce results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.