Associate, US Corporate Ratings
- S&P Global (North America)
- New York City, New York (US)
- See job description.
- Mar 10, 2023
- May 09, 2023
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis
- Industry Sector
- Credit Rating Agency/Bureau, Finance - General
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Associate, US Corporate Ratings undertakes rigorous analytical work and is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, building financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated corporate entities. The successful candidate works effectively both in a team and individually, possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates solid presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences. We offer a supportive and flexible work environment within a team of about 20 analysts (per sector) with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We work in a hybrid environment with 2 days in the office and 3 days remote.
Successful candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S indefinitely. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Career Opportunity:
As an Associate, you are working as part of the Corporate Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of a senior analyst, a qualified Associate typically maintains direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of 15-20 rated corporate issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, repeat analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. A high performing Associate is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach. We prepare our most successful Associates to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
What We're Looking For:
• MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or progress on CFA strongly preferred.
• Solid, demonstrable credit analytical experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, rating agency or an audit company.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis, accounting concepts and financial modelling.
• Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
• Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
• Ability to deal with multiple priorities is key to success in this role.
• Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
• Self starter, motivated, intellectually curious
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.