Overview Job Purpose:
To define the strategic direction of marketing programs across EMEA with specific mandate to challenge consensus and extend the reach of successful initiatives across channels and regions. Ensure plans are aligned to business objectives and will deliver against our targets. Set KPIs for these programmes and regularly communicate the results and ensure team are optimising the programmes.
Represent the regional marketing function for EMEA at the IM EMEA Executive Committee. Key team outcomes
- Delivery of centrally planned marketing programs as agreed with and in line with the business plan and sales objectives.
- Production of media plans in conjunction with the media agency and media director to support marketing programs. Lead the media strategy and direction across EMEA.
- Communication of marketing programs and the results of those programmes to internal stakeholders and our investment firms.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Input into the strategy and planning of marketing programs from a regional marketing perspective to hit agreed KPI's for IM EMEA
- Develop, lead and manage a team of regional marketers/program managers/event manager/head of product marketing to deliver engaging communications related to Product Marketing strategies and brand marketing strategies according to Compliance standards.
- Lead the charge to advance into key distribution markets - using the full marketing mix and driving innovative ideas to reach clients e.g. through digital .
- Working central Marketing Services team to optimize the lead management model and ensure quality leads are supplied to the sales team
- With the support of the distribution strategy team use competitor insights and research to a nalyse and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs - optimising our media strategy and marketing programs on an ongoing basis to drive deeper engagement.
- Oversight for regional marketers ensuring that they effectively deliver marketing programs in accordance to plan and report back to the centre on in-region activity.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with key creative and media agencies - working with marketing services teams across IM as required.
- Own the relationships with key marketing stakeholders within Marketing Services to deliver marketing programmes in EMEA.
- Responsible for communicating new marketing programs to all relevant internal departments.
- Work with distribution strategy team to develop a process for centrally planning and locally executing marketing programs efficiently and effectively.
- Lead a diverse team to ensure all programs are effectively executed against plan on an ongoing basis and all stakeholders are brought on the journey.
- Champion the inclusion of marketing programs on s/force, MA and key systems and have an agreed customer journey alongside planning team. Pro-actively look for opportunities to adapt successful marketing initiatives and bring to other markets. Set a clear vision for the program management team - ensuring they are best-in-class and that marketing is positioned as an art as well as a science.
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
- Comply with all corporate policies relevant to the functions managed including Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage any delegated budget in a manner that will best serve LOB's best interests and provide the Finance Department with monthly tracking and projection information.
- Be aware of current regulatory and legal obligations of the function managed.
- Report any suspected breaches to the Compliance or Legal departments, as appropriate, immediately on discovery.
- Monitor, document and report business risks and internal controls of the function managed, alerting Senior Management immediately of any significant changes.
- Maintain and test a current and effective continuity plan to ensure an appropriate response to any disruption to systems, information services, communications and office facilities.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to teams managed.
Person Specification: Core Competencies:
- Set professional example to staff.
- Supports and encourage staff development, objective setting and appraisal.
- Ensure adequate succession plans are in place for the functions managed.
People Management Competencies:
- Building Organizational Talent
- Change Leadership
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships
- Driving Execution
- Operational Decision Making
- Global Acumen
- Attracting & Retaining Organisational Talent
- Developing & Coaching Others
- Managing for Results
Needs to be professional and confident and able to present in front of boards and executive committee. Experience in running multi-faceted marketing campaigns or programs with media agencies and creative teams will be an advantage. Individual must be willing to travel regularly to all EMEA regions as required. Demonstrable ability of advancing into key distribution markets - using the full marketing mix and driving innovative ideas to reach clients through digital channels. Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge
(and associated skill level) Academic/Professional Qualifications
(or equivalent qualifiers)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.