The successful candidate will join the ESG Advisory Unit of this high profile Consultancy, responsible for providing ESG related services to the firm's global client base.
The ESG specialist will work closely with clients, asset class specialists and with consultancy colleagues around the world to deliver customised support to institutional investor clients. To this end, the successful candidate will play a key role shaping the support and services to a client base that represents $8+ trillion of assets.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
Key competencies and requirements
- Contributing to client and prospective client meetings and education sessions in collaboration with Relationship Managers and Asset Class specialists.
- Preparing ESG related content for client engagements e.g., policy writing, ESG & impact training materials etc.
- Data gathering, analysis and preparation of ESG monitoring reports across public and private market asset classes.
- Updating the research teams with ESG/impact related manager selection exercises as required.
- Raising the profile of bfinance and the ESG Advisory Unit in particular through Research papers/notes, conference presentations, social media and engagement with the Press.
- Keeping up to date with various regulatory and industry changes related to ESG.
- You will have experience of ESG themes in manager research / fund of fund, portfolio management or consultancy environment.
- You will be a driven, organised, client-focussed and collaborative individual with relevant previous experience in an ESG role.
- You will be demonstrate a keen interest in ESG & Sustainability, wanting to take the next step towards helping and supporting institutional investors on their ESG/impact journeys.
- 3+ years of experience of ESG gained within a fund of funds or consulting background.
- Demonstratable experience and knowledge related to ESG, climate change including net zero & impact investing across public and private markets.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentational skills.
- Experience with ESG data providers and ESG reporting.
- Knowledge of TCFD, Net Zero Initiatives and other industry initiatives.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships with other individuals or small teams.
Professional qualifications (CFA, CFA ESG or equivalent) are highly desirable.
Located in London but a willingness to travel.