We are the engineering team behind the world's largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform encompassing Fixed Income securities, Derivatives and Equities. Our platform provides end-to-end solutions across the trading life cycle so traders can connect more efficiently to the global trading markets - all in one place.
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) on the ET team build and handle both the development and production environments. You are responsible for developing tools focusing on continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management and system management. Also, you are responsible for ensuring that our large-scale highly-available production systems are balanced, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with development teams to define standards and ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind
- Streamline software development with continuous integration, deployment automation and agile configuration management
- Build tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots
- Implement effective governance controls in our development lifecycle
- Handle resiliency design & planning, collection and analysis of availability metrics
- Monitor current capacity, conduct regular capacity testing and predict future capacity needs
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with object-oriented programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with writing maintainable and efficient C++ code.
- Experience building robust, scalable production systems and working with multithreaded applications.
- Proven understanding of UNIX or Linux systems running distributed applications platforms
We'd love to see:
- Working in a regulated environment
- Containerization technologies (like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Configuration management tools (like Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous integration and deployment tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube)
- Database and NOSQL products (like PostgreSQL, Hadoop)
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.