Description About this role
This role will require the individual to operate across a range of countries in providing Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) compliance expertise. The role will involve working with the business in the EMEA Region.
The candidate will report into the Global Head of Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance and will be responsible for executing on a regional financial crime strategy and framework in relation to ABC compliance which is consistent with the global framework. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications:
- Work closely with the Global Head of Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance in executing against multiple workstreams to mitigate relevant bribery risks
- Ability to track progress and milestones in a project management capacity that will be reported to senior compliance management and risk committees
- Prepare anti-bribery and corruption metrics and reporting for management by collecting and analyzing information
- Liaise with business stakeholders and risk partners to review, advise and enhance the Third Party Risk Management program as it relates to bribery and corruption
- Advise the business on post-acquisition program integration and implement according to the firm's guidelines
- Identify risks, potential concerns, and control issues; determine the root cause of issues; provide best practice recommendations; and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Provide ABC compliance guidance in a lead and supporting role to country compliance teams
- Form strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business regionally
- Work with regional variances to maintain a consistent global standard
- Conduct periodic reviews and monitoring of our business activities to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in addressing anti-bribery and corruption risk and have a deep understanding of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act and local regulations a plus.
- The candidate will need experience in drafting policies and procedures, performing risk assessments, testing, and monitoring, third-party risk management, data analysis, and metrics reporting.
- Experience working with private equity or asset management firms would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent communication and business partnership skills.
- Teamwork skills - the candidate must be flexible in their work style and be able to work appropriately with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels and across multiple time zones.
- Degree in Business, Law, Accounting or related discipline;
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.