About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst
to support the broad firmwide adoption of our next-gen Wellington Investment Strategy Environment (WINS) IT Platform
. This newly developed and evolving platform will enable investors to monitor their investment strategies, and gain insights into how strategies are performing. This platform will not only allow Investors to view strategy level exposures, performance, and risk, but will also support the ability to order size based on strategy. This is an exciting and complex program that will benefit the broad investor community and requires coordination among multiple core business and IT teams for a successful delivery. This position will be responsible for supporting, controlling, and maintaining the effective use of WINS amongst the business; as well as helping define requirements for new enhancements and functionality to the platform. This is unique opportunity for growth where the successful candidate will have a responsibility to bridge both technology and business support and communication initiatives as part of a small team in London and larger global team.
- Ownership of control processing, reconciliations outputs and appropriate escalations
- Be a champion of these controls, present issues and escalations across systems, teams, and regions
- Deep dive in gap and process flow analysis into issues and resolutions and present findings
- Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze, and document requirements, as well as set priorities
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Act as a champion and trusted advisor for the needs of the business partners
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a reactive control function (Business or IT side) is a must have
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus
- Experience working with business partners to understand needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
- Ability to work in collaboration across teams and on a variety of assignments across the organization
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, and business-critical environment
- Grasp of business side concepts relating to asset management or trading and execution and be able to talk to market participants
- Change agent, creative, innovative, and focused on continuous improvements
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Hands-on knowledge of JIRA, SQL, Python where experience has been gained using large and complicated data sets is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience documenting/diagramming workflows, such as Visio
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .