What's the story?
Nium is a next-generation financial services platform that enables companies around the world to unlock new revenue opportunities and improve cash flow economics
Nium is a leader in its geographical and payment service breadth, owning licenses in the world's largest and fastest-growing economies. Our modular platform allows banks, payment providers, travel companies, and other businesses to collect and disburse funds in local currencies to over 100 countries, plus issue physical and virtual cards globally. Our proprietary set of APIs embeds financial services and can bring to life multiple B2B and B2C use cases in a matter of weeks.
Nium is part of CB Insights Fintech 250, which highlights the most promising Fintech companies globally. Today, Nium serves over 130 million customers and enables platforms to provide access to financial services to over 3 billion people across the world.
We are looking at a product manager for Payments (Payouts/Payins), the major revenue contributor amongst Nium's product suite with immense growth potential.
Managing the payments product needs a product manager to solve problems along 3 separate and intertwined areas:
- Product - Customer discovery and experience
- Network - Growing and optimising coverage in terms of geography, currencies, payment methods, customer segment needs
- Technology - creating and optimising technology platforms to deliver a seamless payments experience across customer segments in multiple geographies
- Discover and solve for opportunities to increase revenue as well as adoption of the product through market/customer research and experience
- Liaise with sales and account management teams to gather market feedback and share regular updates to leadership team
- Be on top of market trends across different markets and payment methods, e.g. accounts, wallets, cards, cash
- Own payout/payin features as a product to deliver experience, coverage, speed and efficiency goals
- Create roadmap based on inputs about markets, customer segments, use cases, scalability, etc.
- Work with Partnership development teams to translate roadmap into pipeline of banks and payment partners
- Work with global banks and payment partners to finalise contours of the partnerships
- Create functional requirements and technical requirements/user stories to get these delivered through an Agile tech team as well non-technical stakeholders
- Adopt a technology and data driven approach to measuring and delivering efficiency goals across STP rates, error handling and returns
- Strategic thinking - develop payments strategy in alignment with the company's financial infrastructure strategy, target customer segments and revenue goals
- People skills - This would be a global role and would require the person to work across geographies, time zones, cultures and competencies as well as internal teams who might not be very familiar with global payments and its intricacies
- Be willing to get your hands dirty - from writing Jira stories, drawing swim lane diagrams to running sprint meetings
- Being articulate - communicate and justify your strategy behind the roadmap to domain experts/leaders in a crowded and evolving payment space
- Knowledge of payments - with the range of payment methods, clearing and settlements, currencies, regulations, automation challenges that you will deal with, knowledge and understanding will be key to success
- Comfort with technology - dealing with engineers and architects to design new flows, adapt systems to new market innovations while maintaining integrity and scalability of the platform is vital
Ideally, you would have:
- 4-6 years experience in payments product development/management
- Experience working with a global payments company
- Developed global payment products across banking/alternate payment methods
- Worked with banking and payments partners
- An engineering degree (a management degree is a bonus)
- Hybrid Working Environment
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition framework
- Employee referral bonus program
- Work for a company whose values focus on transparency
- Generous PTO in addition to paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Company-wide social events, happy hours, and so much more.