India Ratings & Research (India Ratings) is India's most respected rating agency committed to providing the India's credit markets with accurate, timely and prospective credit opinions. Built on a foundation of independent thinking, rigorous analytics, and an open & balanced approach towards credit research, India Ratings has grown rapidly during the past decade gaining significant market presence in India's fixed income market.
Each analyst in our corporate finance network is focused on a defined set of issuers so that they can explore every angle of an entity and offer actionable credit opinions and insightful commentary. Our deep expertise and sector knowledge provide investors with a consistent approach to confidently measure risk across the corporate credit spectrum. This collaboration ensures a more comprehensive assessment of an entity's strategic initiatives, competitive position, financial performance and the overall dynamics of the industry in which it operates.
Associate Director / Director
- Undertaking detailed analytical research on major public debt issuers, focusing primarily on the Industrial, metals & related and auto sectors.
- Publishing timely, topical and high quality research on general market and sector specific trends, contributing to the increasing profile of the agency within the debt capital markets.
- Conducting analytical reviews with management teams of rated issuers and making written and oral presentations to rating committees, including rating recommendations. Taking responsibility for allocated portfolio, ensuring timely reviews/rating actions as required.
- Communicating with various market constituents, including investors, issuers, bankers, regulators and members of the media, regarding the agency’s rating rationales, analytical views and general market trends, to support the Company’s brand building efforts in India.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Robust Analytical skills and ability to form a credit opinion.
- Displays good work ethic all through. Hard working, self -motivated, uses time and resources efficiently and pays attention to processes and detail.
- High quality Rating Committee Notes and RACs.
- Preferably some background in dealing directly with corporates as part of the analytical role. Must possess strong financial analysis skills, including developing forecasts, peer/ industry analysis and ability to identify key drivers for any given case/ credit.
- Must be a strong team player and possess excellent inter-personal skills, with an ability to integrate quickly into an established team and to deal with colleagues and external parties across the region.
- Demonstrates excellent service orientation and professional etiquette in all communications with issuers and investors.
Minimum 5– 7 years’ experience in corporate credit analysis, with exposure to the Indian credit and financial markets.
- Knowledge Application and Problem Solving: Proactively identifies and escalates situations wherein issuer needs to be managed to elicit full cooperation.
- Management: Active interaction and quarterly contact to review outstanding ratings. Understands the need to keep issuers under surveillance.
- Communication: Fluent English language skills (written and oral) are essential, particularly in the context of report writing and oral presentations.
- Quality Service: Optimal utilisation of time on new mandates and surveillance cases. Actively tracks, has full knowledge at all times and consistently ensures timely communication to Banks regarding updated ratings, reviews and escalates cases of non-cooperation by issuers, if any.
- Leadership and Initiative: Self-starter. The candidate will be expected to show initiative as well as managing and prioritising his/her time and work appropriately. This would include the ability to handle multiple cases on an on-going basis, with productivity targets.